• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I received and have been wearing this belt daily since I got it the first week of May. Heard about it on the This Week in Guns podcast. Had to wait a decent amount of time for it to come in stock. I ordered the coyote belt with FDE buckle. They also have Black and Silver buckles and several different belt colors but each buckle comes with a preselected belt color(seems weird that you can't order whatever buckle with whatever belt). Comes packaged nicely with the needed allen wrench for attaching the belt to the buckle and a handwritten thank you note.

It is a racheting system. The belt is made of Biothane webbing with notches molded into the back. The biothane seems to be a thin webbing coated in the rubber like material. The belt comes in one size and can be trimmed to fit with a pair of kitchen shears.

The buckle is made from machined aluminum. It attaches to the belt by taking out a couple screws and removing a piece from the back that has a row of spikes in it. The belt is then sandwiched in and the screws put back. The screws protruding in the pic actually go below the surface once they are tightened.

I was more than a little worried about spending $100 on a belt but after a couple months of every day wear I absolutely love it. It is flexible but stiff, if that makes any sense. It locks securely in the notches with no wiggle and no rattling. It releases easily when it's time to take it off. No wear on any of the notches on the back so far. It holds whatever I have put on it without problem. I have worn it with a fully loaded glock 19 and 2-4 extra mags on several range trips.

The only complaint I have is that the buckle is a little thick but that has more to do with my fat belly than the belt. As said above, I absolutely love this belt. I wear it daily to work with cargo shorts but have also worn it with jeans and to a couple wedding with khakis and a tucked in polo. I like the clean look and the fact that I didn't have to order a specific size. Extra belts can be ordered for $29 if you want to switch up the color or if it wears out(no idea how long that will take).

https://www.boxertactical.com/product/apogee-belt-1-5/

For reference that is a glock 19 mos with rmr in a gcode incog and a spare mag in a hollis holsters horizontal mag carrier.

Top Bottom