Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Sharpshooter
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Johnson
    Posts
    702
    Natchez Shooters Supply had(and may still have) standard VX-Rs on sale for $399.99 not long ago if you can live without the mil-dots. I picked up a couple for my hunting rifles and am very impressed so far.

  2. #12
    Expert johntheplinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    On a hill in Perry Co.
    Posts
    1,772
    I've got a standard VX-R 2-7x33 on the AR I use for night time yote work. Very happy with it. If I had the coin I'd replace a couple other scopes with a VX-R. I went with the standard vs. the patrol as I'm not at all a fan of exposed knobs, prefer to set it once and forget it.
    Perkele, selkšni sattuu!

  3. #13
    Grandmaster Fordtough25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jefferson County
    Posts
    6,533
    Small update on this, still love this scope! Shot out to 500 yards with it on my 14.5" noveske and it just shined. I can honestly say I won't ever take this setup apart, I am that happy with it and that is saying a lot for me and scopes! Lol
    Improvidus Apto quod Victum

  4. #14
    Master seedubs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,787
    VXR-Patrol, SWFA SS HD 3-9, the old Weaver Tactical 2-10, or the old Vortex PST 2.25-10's are my favorites around this price range if you're looking for this magnification. All are high quality.

    Pretty disappointed Vortex discontinued the old FFP PST 2.5-10. IMHO, the new PST II 2-10 doesn't justify the cost increase.

    I was close to pulling the trigger on a VXR-Patrol 3-9 for my longer range AR but ended up finding someone selling a barely used Sig Tango 6 2-12 for the same price.....
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

  5. #15
    Expert TheDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Posts
    2,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Small update on this, still love this scope! Shot out to 500 yards with it on my 14.5" noveske and it just shined. I can honestly say I won't ever take this setup apart, I am that happy with it and that is saying a lot for me and scopes! Lol
    A nice combo for sure. Excellent shooting for 55gr ball.

  6. #16
    Sharpshooter billyboyr6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    greenfield
    Posts
    982
    I have the 1.25-4x vxr patrol on my ar and love it as well. Awesome glass for the money.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives".

  7. #17
    Grandmaster Fordtough25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Jefferson County
    Posts
    6,533
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    VXR-Patrol, SWFA SS HD 3-9, the old Weaver Tactical 2-10, or the old Vortex PST 2.25-10's are my favorites around this price range if you're looking for this magnification. All are high quality.

    Pretty disappointed Vortex discontinued the old FFP PST 2.5-10. IMHO, the new PST II 2-10 doesn't justify the cost increase.

    I was close to pulling the trigger on a VXR-Patrol 3-9 for my longer range AR but ended up finding someone selling a barely used Sig Tango 6 2-12 for the same price.....
    Agree, I can't follow all the changes in scopes yearly Shew!!! If I was going to shoot further than 500 yards I would,need more magnification to see the targets real well I think, but at 9x it's not bad now!
    Improvidus Apto quod Victum

  8. #18
    Master seedubs1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,787
    ~1x per hundred yards is all I need for ringing steel or paper plate sized stuff. For me anyways that is, I know some guys use irons out far.....

    Honestly, Iíd probably be better off not keeping up on and looking at the new shiny things. They arenít cheap.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fordtough25 View Post
    Agree, I can't follow all the changes in scopes yearly Shew!!! If I was going to shoot further than 500 yards I would,need more magnification to see the targets real well I think, but at 9x it's not bad now!
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

  9. #19
    Sharpshooter billyboyr6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    greenfield
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    ~1x per hundred yards is all I need for ringing steel or paper plate sized stuff. For me anyways that is, I know some guys use irons out far.....
    this is me as well. 1x per 100 yards. I've never been a big high power scope person. I have a couple buddies that will use 8x and up shooting at 50 yards. Lol. I like giving them crap for it. I can put a 10 shot group in a 3" circle at 200 yards at 2x magnification out of a short barrel ar. I see no need to use more power then that.

    now maybe out at 500+ yards I might have a different opinion but I have never shot that far out.
    "Every man dies, but not every man really lives".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •