• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C-Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Evansville
    Evening, all. Hopefully this is fairly in and out. I'm building a retro M16A1, and I'd like to add a bayonet to it. As far as I'm aware, there's no laws governing bayonets, but I thought it would be wise to double check. A rifle I already own does have a bayonet lug on it, if that's any help. Thank you in advance.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Bayonet laws? What state has . . . um, did you just move here from California?:D

Well, I can think of several:

1. The bayonet cannot be stolen.
    2. Don't stab anyone that need not be stabbed.

Think I covered it.:D

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bayonet laws? What state has . . . um, did you just move here from California?:D

Well, I can think of several:

1. The bayonet cannot be stolen.
    2. Don't stab anyone that need not be stabbed.

Think I covered it.:D

Dont run with the bayonet? Or is that just scissors?

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Rule? Yeah, make sure there aren't any cameras out when you're stabbing that old rotting stump in the back yard yelling 'pig sticker'

otherwise it's just a knife on a gun, I can't find a use for one... But every eeeevil rifle I have has one that fits it too

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    There is no Indiana state or federal law as to bayonets.
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^

I own a M7, M9 and USMC OKC 3S, all of which were made for the M16(Ax) and M4 rifles. The M7 and M9 also fit several 12 gauge pump action shotguns the US Army has used over time, if the shotgun is fitted with the proper length barrel, magazine extension and a bayonet lug (Winchester 1200, Remington 870 and Mossberg M590A1). The OKC 3S hilt is about 1/8" too long for the shotguns although the Mossberg and Remington both can be modified or tweaked to handle it. Don't know about the Winchester which dates back to the Vietnam War. I also have a M1906 light cavalry battle saber (the real deal, not a ceremonial which I also have), and it's perfectly legal as well. It's a US Army officer's uniform item that can be worn with the blue or blue mess (NCO's are authorized a sword).

Ninja throwing stars and anything that shoots a knife blade or anything similar to it are illegal in Indiana.

John

Top Bottom