A Quality Remington 870 20 Gauge Light Mount?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    If the question has been posed here previously I apologize, as I couldn't find it.

My girlfriend got her first firearm, a Remington 870 20-gauge. It does have a factory magazine tube extension. We are looking for a mount for it that will hold a light and is of good quality. A good forend that would fit the 20ga with tactical rails would work as well, but I am having a hard time finding anything that fits the 20ga, much less one that seems durable.

If anyone has any recommendations for products, please chime in. Thanks, everyone!

:ingo:

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've used the Elzetta flashlight mounts on my 12 gauge 870's. I like them very much and have been happy with the quality.

I don't see why why they wouldn't work fine for a 20 gauge. :twocents:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think my elzetta mount came with shims so it would fit a 20 gauge. Start by contacting them.

I use a Streamlight polytac in my mount. Never had a problem after a lot of rounds.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    I checked their website and it says it does come with 20ga adapters! I'm seeing a few different models of the Polytac; is there one model that would be better for the Elzetta mount?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I googled polytac. The 88850 boring old polytac. They cost about $40. I turned off the multiple light modes. Push for on, push for off. Your surefire should work as well.

You don't need strobes, and 500 lumens. Just a good white light.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    Wel, I got the Elzetta mount with adapters. First, the adapters are just cheap plastic. Second, you fit it to a 12ga without the adapters, or a .410 with the adapter, and for a 20ga you have to modify them which is a pain. The the adapter slides around because the adapters are cheat plastic on a mount that, in my opinion, is not cheap. Anyone know of any Remington 20ga forends with rails on them? This option isn't going to work.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wel, I got the Elzetta mount with adapters. First, the adapters are just cheap plastic. Second, you fit it to a 12ga without the adapters, or a .410 with the adapter, and for a 20ga you have to modify them which is a pain. The the adapter slides around because the adapters are cheat plastic on a mount that, in my opinion, is not cheap. Anyone know of any Remington 20ga forends with rails on them? This option isn't going to work.

Contact Elzetta with your concerns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I did and I got a bland “Thank you for your feedback” message.

That stinks. Get two 1” pieces of rubber hose that are the right diameter. Split it down the middle and replace the cheap plastic spacers. The mount itself is solid enough.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    That stinks. Get two 1” pieces of rubber hose that are the right diameter. Split it down the middle and replace the cheap plastic spacers. The mount itself is solid enough.

Good idea; I just wish I didn’t have to jury rig what I paid for. Any idea of thickness of hose to get?

This mount was not fun to get on, you have the modify the .410 spacers and I didn’t have the tools, and then the spacers didn’t work. You’d think with the popularity of 20ga for defense someone would make a light ready for it. My girl loves her 20ga, but, man.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Good idea; I just wish I didn’t have to jury rig what I paid for. Any idea of thickness of hose to get?

This mount was not fun to get on, you have the modify the .410 spacers and I didn’t have the tools, and then the spacers didn’t work. You’d think with the popularity of 20ga for defense someone would make a light ready for it. My girl loves her 20ga, but, man.

To be fair the 20 gauge Home Defense fad is fairly recent. I do not know what size hose. Measure the barrel and tube and that will give the inside diameter. Then take the mount with you to see if something would fit. You will probably need to go to a farm supply store or someplace that makes hydraulic hoses. Maybe tip the counter guy to help you since a foot of hose will cost a buck. Heck just find something about the right size and buy a piece of every different size and type.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    To be fair the 20 gauge Home Defense fad is fairly recent. I do not know what size hose. Measure the barrel and tube and that will give the inside diameter. Then take the mount with you to see if something would fit. You will probably need to go to a farm supply store or someplace that makes hydraulic hoses. Maybe tip the counter guy to help you since a foot of hose will cost a buck. Heck just find something about the right size and buy a piece of every different size and type.

Great! Thanks!

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I bought a mlok Magpul handguard for my 870. That should give you plenty of options for mounts or rails on the handguard. I put a mlock rail and attached a Inforce WML to it and it works great.

Top Bottom