• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So I bought a vortex razor hd lh 2-10 for my slug gun, to use for hunting. The eye relief is not bad at 3.8". The scope is so nice, I'm considering taking my bushnell optics ar scope off my ar15 and using the razor hd lh on it, then buying a cheaper purpose built slug scope. Will I regret my decision? Is a $200 slug scope in the woods going to make me kick myself for not bringing the razor on my slug gun? Will I miss having a 1-4 on my AR and not like a 2-10 for close quarters?

Ingo, please decide for me. Thanks.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    It's hard to say, but you may regret it. Once you start using something nice you will always judge based on that... However, I am very willing to trade you strait up on that HD for a slug gun scope I've got laying around.

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Slap that Razor on your AR and give it a whirl ... there's a RR Carbine course coming up in October ( https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2017-oct-21-22-bedford-in/ ) that would be a perfect opportunity to really test your rig.

Then, give Alan a call to set you up with a $200 scope for that slug gun ... I'm sure he has a very good scope in the range you plan to spend.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Depends on what you are doing with your AR but I would leave the 2-10 on the hunting gun. Save up some money, sell the bushnell, then buy either the PST 1-4 or the gen II 1-6. I wouldn't want anything without a 1x on the AR unless your never going to shoot it closer than 100 yds.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    IMO, that's too much scope for a shotgun, and would be perfectly at home on an AR, A large part of what you're paying for with a scope like that Razor, is it's ability to track reliably. Unless you are shooting long range with slugs and dialing dope (which would be interesting to do, haha), you might be happier with something like an Aimpoint on it. I know with mine, typically I am shooting inside of 100 meters, but of course YMMV.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Depends on what you are doing with your AR but I would leave the 2-10 on the hunting gun. Save up some money, sell the bushnell, then buy either the PST 1-4 or the gen II 1-6. I wouldn't want anything without a 1x on the AR unless your never going to shoot it closer than 100 yds.

Solid answer right there. I didn't even know the PST existed!! That settles it, the glass will remain used as is!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    IMO, that's too much scope for a shotgun, and would be perfectly at home on an AR, A large part of what you're paying for with a scope like that Razor, is it's ability to track reliably. Unless you are shooting long range with slugs and dialing dope (which would be interesting to do, haha), you might be happier with something like an Aimpoint on it. I know with mine, typically I am shooting inside of 100 meters, but of course YMMV.

He has a diffrent Razor, the one he has is less about LR shooting as light weight hunting with excellent glass.

If your wanting something for the AR you might look at these options.

Refurbished

Top Bottom