• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thedreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Delaware County
    Recently bought a Smith and Wesson Model 442. I am interested in trying pocket carry. So far I am looking at Mika Holsters, Safariland, and the Desantis Nemesis. Any other holsters to look into? I would also be open to other methods and holsters. Thanks in advance.

219Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2014
    NWI
    I also had a Mika holster, which is another good option. He's a small one man business, and a very nice guy. His turnaround time was good as well.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    The Desantis Super Fly is stickier than the Nemesis and stays in the pocket better for me when drawing.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I too have used the Nemesis for several guns (j-frame, Glock 42 and LCR).

I like it a lot, but it's not great at concealing the outline of the pistol so not great at deep concealment.

thedreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Delaware County
    Looks like Desantis may be the way to go for now. I am sure I will end up buying several holsters over the couple months and adding to my drawer of holsters lol. Thanks for the recommendations everyone!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    When pocket carrying, I prefer a kydex pocket holster. With kydex, if you bump into the corner of something right into your pocket, it will resist any flex and will guarantee that in that situation, your trigger cannot be pushed causing an ND.

Out of all the kydex pocket holsters I have tried, I prefer Alabama Holster..... https://www.alabamaholster.com/

thedreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Delaware County
    I have a Sticky Holster for a larger handgun and it's nice for quick trips. Since they are so low priced I may have to try one out for the J frame. And as for a Kydex Holster I had never considered looking into a Kydex pocket Holster. I'll do some research on that. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    I've used a Sticky Holster when I pocket carry for the last couple months and have been happy with it. The holster stays in the pocket when I draw the gun and it has just enough padding to be comfortable.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom