Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

up armor options

Im wearing an armor express vest right now and it has a front pocket for an up armor plate. does any one have any recommendations for a rifle plate? i checked out their sight but want to consider all options and see what other guys are wearing. the poly plates are appealing due to the weight but im open to other options as well. So what say you ingo whats a good up armor plate?
    The rifle is the keystone of democracy

I have an MTEK plate in my vest, which is made in Martinsville, IN. I'll have to find the procedural notice my department put out about which maufacturers were recommended for purchase. There are several options out there. I would definitely stay away from steel plates because of the weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

yeah i dropped a steel one in there and ended up putting it in the trunk. I think that thing would tear through the pocket before lunch. its a shame i cut that out of a shooters cut plate oh well lesson learned. My fto wears one but its a ceramic and i want to stay away from them i think.

Quote Originally Posted by freekforge View Post
    yeah i dropped a steel one in there and ended up putting it in the trunk. I think that thing would tear through the pocket before lunch. its a shame i cut that out of a shooters cut plate oh well lesson learned. My fto wears one but its a ceramic and i want to stay away from them i think.
    Check out MTEK or Paraclete.

any one know what the paraclete speedplate on top of a 3a vest will stop?

doesn't jenkins in indy have the paraclete plates? it seems like i have seen them before

Quote Originally Posted by freekforge View Post
    doesn't jenkins in indy have the paraclete plates? it seems like i have seen them before
    Yes, they do. The stats should be on the Paraclete website.

I'm a big proponent of Paraclete plates, but have to admit im curious about "made in Martinsville" plates!? I remember a few years back, Phylodog and another board member (who was evidently in the armor business) having words about some plates that didn't quite measure up that were made in Indiana? Hopefully not the same.

I think i may go with the paraclete. Its light enough that i wouldn't have an excuse not to slide it in. gonna see what my brother is using but im pretty sure his is pretty heavy.

Plinker
    I am wearing a paraclete 6x8 right now. I don't have the rifle rate version due to the weight, but the sticker shows that it will stop the following as a stand alone: 5.7x28, .357 sig, 9mm, 40 s&w, 7.62x25, and 30 caliber carbine. It shows that it will stop a 1 oz 12 gauge slug when used with IIIA if I am reading it right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast