• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Mt first gun belt was a 5.11 Casual.
    • I loved the support. It was as stiff as a barrell hoop.
    • I hated that it looked ten years old after 2 momths of every day wear.
    • You have to be careful when you sinch it tight, not to bend it too far back, as the inner plastid support band will eventually break.
    • Mine lasted two years before it cracked. Even then it was wearable and would still support 95% which is plenty.

I now use a bio belt.
    • It has sufficient support. About 90% of what the 5.11 had, which is still plenty of support.
    • I have worn it every day, work (carpenter), casual and dress for nearly three years.
    • It shows no wear and seems to have as much support as when it was new.
    • I carry a full size 1911A1 OWB, BUG AIWB and dual mags weak side OWB

If it ever wears out or weakens I will GLADLY buy another.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    With out A holster? It is dangerous to to carry without a holster!

Oh! You don't mean... ?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    No experience with the two you mentioned, but love my Daltech Force. Galco makes some tough leather belts also, that look good even when you're not wearing a holster. I used to carry with Galco belts. Have since switched over to Daltech, but wear my Galco belt as an everyday belt for the office / work (unfortunately, I can not carry at work).

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I have an alien gear belt and it works fine. However, I don't feel that it is all that stiff compared to a normal non-gun belt. Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to compare it too. That said, it still looks good after 2 years of near daily use.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I also have a Daltech Force Bull Belt. I wear it whenever I wear jeans which is just about everyday now that our company changed their dress policy allowing us to wear them.

It's a great belt.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I have 2 belts that I can highly recommend. The first is of course the Daltech Force Super Biobelt, which has become my EDC and walk around/work belt. I just recently got it and honestly, I love it as well. The belt stays put and everything you put on it stays put... and for the price, wow. I wish I had known about the 10% off coupon, but oh well, it's worth the money even without the discount.

The second I have is a Grey Ghost Gear Son of Paladin belt. https://greyghostgear.com/products/son-of-paladin-belt It's also awesome, but more of a pain in the butt to take on and off than a regular belt. However, it is even tighter than the Daltech Force and I really like it for shooting drills and constant unholstering/holstering training. For me it just fits better, but I'm not going to walk around town in a velcro and cobra buckle tactical style belt, which is where the Daltech Force comes in handy with the more casual/formal appearance.

ervinws

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2016
    midwest
    I definitely have to agree with everyone here about the Daltech Force belts. I own a bio and a 15oz. 100% leather belt for over 4yrs now. They both still look great and have no problems holding up any of my gun holsters. Great gun belts for the money. And both made in the great USA.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm in need of a new gun belt. I've narrowed it down to the Aliengear gun belt or the 5.11 Arc or 5.11 casual. Pros and cons. What say ye INGO?

I started with the 5.11. It lasted me 4 years but is really starting to fall apart now. Just the other day a huge rip formed in the top layer of leather simply from the friction of my belt loop while removing it.

LfMkAsd.jpg

As others have said, it's been showing scratches pretty much since day one.

PoRShTg.jpg

Of your choices, I'd go with the Casual.

I have one as well. It's my (Rare) IWB carry belt.

But I'd also have you look into the Daltech Force SuperBioBelt. MANY INGOers have them and swear by them. https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/superbio-gun-belts

I just ordered one of these last night. It's made in Indiana and is the same price as the 5.11Tactical which is made in China.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'd be interested to know if they still offer the 10% discount.

I can confirm that the coupon Code is still good. I just ordered the black bio dress belt yesterday and got a notice that it's already shipped.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't dislike the 511 belt you mentioned OP I actually have one. I bought it because one I had on at work broke and I ran out on lunch and grabbed it local so I wouldn't have to go the rest of the day without one. It's honestly not bad at all. I've wore it daily for a couple years just because I started to like it and because my other got "misplaced" some how. I think there are probably better belts out there, but it does just what it's supposed to. I think having a couple is always a good idea though you can go with it and something like one of the biobelts you see so highly recommended here. There are so many good ones out there to be honest.

Top Bottom