• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    I got a quote for a full size AK/M4 Chest Rig for $500. That seems awfully steep, considering I can buy a pretty nice handgun for that price. HSGI is quite a bit cheaper, and seems to be well-made.

Anybody have any experience with SOE?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yes they are the best and it will last you forever. Also it holds and even goes up in value as they gave a cult following.
    I've visited the SOE compound and they are the nicest people ever. I have lots of SOE gear and have turned friends onto it too and ni,one is ever dissatisfied.
    If you don't need a full size rig check out the micro rig. All micro rigs are built to hold AK mags and by default they hold AR mags too.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Yes they are the best and it will last you forever. Also it holds and even goes up in value as they gave a cult following.
    I've visited the SOE compound and they are the nicest people ever. I have lots of SOE gear and have turned friends onto it too and ni,one is ever dissatisfied.
    If you don't need a full size rig check out the micro rig. All micro rigs are built to hold AK mags and by default they hold AR mags too.

John Willis is a very nice guy and I have nothing but respect for the man.

And yes that's coming from someone who has met John.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Is $500 a recent quote from the Facebook post? If so I think all of that custom and made to order stuff is more than the normal price. Or maybe I'm wrong.

I've followed the SOE YouTube channel for a few years now and read a lot everywhere I can. When I get around to buying that type of gear it'll definitely be SOE.

If this is anything like any other thread where SOE or John Willis is mentioned there'll be some haters come in and say what they always say. Just ignore them.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    We use their Peltor head set wraps to help bulk up our head sets and make them more comfortable. Add a piece of foam under the wrap and you can run all day with no-sore-dome.

Nothing like a chest rig but good stuff.

:ingo:

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Is $500 a recent quote from the Facebook post? If so I think all of that custom and made to order stuff is more than the normal price. Or maybe I'm wrong.

I've followed the SOE YouTube channel for a few years now and read a lot everywhere I can. When I get around to buying that type of gear it'll definitely be SOE.

If this is anything like any other thread where SOE or John Willis is mentioned there'll be some haters come in and say what they always say. Just ignore them.

Yes sir, it's from a recent Facebook quote. It just confuses me because the price is $325 on the website, but he gives no leadtime. I only want to go this route because I would like to know when I will be getting it. :n00b:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yes sir, it's from a recent Facebook quote. It just confuses me because the price is $325 on the website, but he gives no leadtime. I only want to go this route because I would like to know when I will be getting it. :n00b:
    Huge SOE fan here, but if he says no lead time, and is taking orders, it really means no lead time. You will get it when you get it. Some don't like his business model, but that's okay, he doesn't give a ****. Some get butt hurt about lead times and call/email to complain, but that's okay, he doesn't give a ****, AND, he will probably make a neat coupon code post it on FB, and make the stuff you complained about to sell to others cheaper! Point is, John is a good dude, and his gear is the best, just don't want it right now, unless it says buy now ship now! You will eventually get your gear, and will be very pleased with it when you do!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've used a micro rig for years, and it's still in amazing shape. SOE gear doesn't wear out. In my regular micro rig, I've ran regular AR mags, AK mags, and M1A mags so it's a very versatile rig especially for the price. I have friends with his gear that have been using it longer and harder than I've used mine and it's still holding up. My micro rig not has the harness, and the hydration pouch on it. I've also got some other random pouches from SOE, and everything has been outstanding.

I've turned friends and acquaintances to him, and in one particular case an acquaintances ordered a sub gun rig and over a year later never got it. He was one of those guys who wrote into SOE, pissed John off and got some youtube videos made to his credit. Moral of the story is, don't be the guy who complains to John or buy something somewhere else. I did feel kinda bad for the guy because I told him to get his gear from SOE. In hindsight I wish I'd have told him to go elsewhere just because it would have been smoother for him.

Personally, SOE gear is worth every penny and the cult following may hate me for saying this, but there's other stuff out there that's just as good and much easier to get to your door. If you want something that's much lighter weight, but admittedly not as durable check out a blue force gear ten-speed M4. It's lightweight, and compact so if you wanted something tucked away into a tight space in your trunk that might be the one. If you like the HSGI taco pouches they might be another option that you can find in stock and ready to ship.

For the money, SOE gear can't be beat and you'll never hear me knock it for quality, but if you can try to find it on ebay or used somewhere else you'll have better chances of having a good timeline for delivery. If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy SOE gear used anyway since 99.99% of people out there have never really put the gear to any test anyway.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you have time, just go down there and have them make the stuff for you while you wait. Take a two day class with Yeager while you are down there and stay in the bunker.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    If you have time, just go down there and have them make the stuff for you while you wait. Take a two day class with Yeager while you are down there and stay in the bunker.

That's smart. I've always wanted to take a couple classes with Yeager.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Huge SOE fan here, but if he says no lead time, and is taking orders, it really means no lead time. You will get it when you get it. Some don't like his business model, but that's okay, he doesn't give a ****. Some get butt hurt about lead times and call/email to complain, but that's okay, he doesn't give a ****, AND, he will probably make a neat coupon code post it on FB, and make the stuff you complained about to sell to others cheaper! Point is, John is a good dude, and his gear is the best, just don't want it right now, unless it says buy now ship now! You will eventually get your gear, and will be very pleased with it when you do!

Yeah, I'm not in a rush at all, and I know the gear is second-to-none. I just would like to know when I might expect it (a few weeks, a few months?).

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've wanted a 12 gauge Micro Rig for years. But I will simply not order something and pay in full up front, with no option for a refund, when the best estimated ship date I can get is "maybe someday when we get around to it, until then f' off. "

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've wanted a 12 gauge Micro Rig for years. But I will simply not order something and pay in full up front, with no option for a refund, when the best estimated ship date I can get is "maybe someday when we get around to it, until then f' off. "

Follow SOE on FB and he does flash sales all the time. A few weeks ago he had 3 cop rigs that were ready to ship he posted on FB. granted if you are looking for a special pattern and thread the lead will be long.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    USDS had a bin full of various Micro-Rigs at one time, might try them?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Triggertime wouldn't let me cuddle with him in the bunker. Blasphemy

Top Bottom