• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I bought an NCstar pic rail to put on my kids 20 gauge. The plan is to put a small red dot on it. When I ordered it my LGS told me they were ordering the Weaver brand. Apparently they could only get the NCSTAR. My questions is this. Will the rail and the scope be able to handle the recoil of a 20 Gauge...?

Thanks

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If its just the rail, I think it would hold up fine. (blue loctite is your friend)

But I'm with Alan, dont go with a cheap red dot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I bought an NCstar pic rail to put on my kids 20 gauge. The plan is to put a small red dot on it. When I ordered it my LGS told me they were ordering the Weaver brand. Apparently they could only get the NCSTAR. My questions is this. Will the rail and the scope be able to handle the recoil of a 20 Gauge...?

Thanks

I'd have to wave the :bs: flag on that one. Sounds like they could only get NCstar because that's what they wanted to get rid of. A quick search on Amazon brought up 3 different Weaver red dots on the first page. I'd return it if they are honest enough to give your money back.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If its just the rail, I think it would hold up fine. (blue loctite is your friend)

But I'm with Alan, dont go with a cheap red dot.

No amount of loctite will make up for the material NCstar uses in their rail's. The screws may hold fine, but if the rail is constantly shifting due to using soft pliable materials it is a mute point. Im a big advacate for not wasting big money (150 bucks) on a scope rail. The rail has so much support that it doesnt require that (rings are a different story), but you can get an EGW for 40 bucks that will last just fine.

Top Bottom