• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Been looking for a Thumb Break leather holster to carry my XDS while I hunt. I find that my two best option under 50.00 are the Desantis and Tagua Premium.

Anyone know which holster company makes a better holster?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Having owed several Tagua holsters and belts I am of the opinion they are over priced for the quality/value. If the price is similar try Desantis. If Tagua is quite a bit less and this is something just to hold the gun a few days per year the Tagua is fine.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I bought a Tagua for my XDs (no thumb break). It was kind of an experiment to see if I wanted to pursue OWB for CCing. I was about $35 at ZX in Goshen. (I had a $50 gift card I won on here to spend)

It was extremely tough to break in. I tried all of the tricks except oil. Eventually I could draw without the gun hanging up. I now really like it and it's been my holster of choice for 4-5 months.

I can't compare it to Desantis. Never tried one. When this one wears out, I will be spending more money on something very good. I just didn't want to spend that much at first and not like it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Tagua has a lot of compromises to get a leather holster at that price point. The finish sucks, the leather is thick and not very pliable, fit is iffy, BUT they should be durable based on the stitching and leather.

Desantis or Galco is where I'd start for leather on the budget side of leather.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Tagua has a lot of compromises to get a leather holster at that price point. The finish sucks, the leather is thick and not very pliable, fit is iffy, BUT they should be durable based on the stitching and leather.

Desantis or Galco is where I'd start for leather on the budget side of leather.

Don Hume is functional budget leather as well. Or at least used to be.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have I have three Taqua holsters and two High Noon holsters. I used a Galco with my Glock 26, but sold it with the Glock. I use the the Taquas daily, and the High Noons are my back-up. No problem of any kind with them. Never used a Desantis.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Any Tagua holster I've ever owned lost shape and stiffness pretty quick.
    I always used the "Speed" and "Yaqui" styles and they're pretty thin on leather used.
    They're too stiff new and won't release the weapon and when they're broken in there's not much life left in them unless you like your gun flopping around like a "B Western".

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Any Tagua holster I've ever owned lost shape and stiffness pretty quick.
    I always used the "Speed" and "Yaqui" styles and they're pretty thin on leather used.
    They're too stiff new and won't release the weapon and when they're broken in there's not much life left in them unless you like your gun flopping around like a "B Western".
    To be fair, most never had a decent mold/shape to begin with. Tagua is the leather version of Uncle Mike, cheapest stuff in the market for those who don't give a ****!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To be fair, most never had a decent mold/shape to begin with. Tagua is the leather version of Uncle Mike, cheapest stuff in the market for those who don't give a ****!

You over state the case. I do care, and I have found the Tagua sufficient for my needs. I have four of them. They do everything I need. The leather is just fine. The models I use gives me four different options for carrying my weapon. No need to pay more when this does a fine job.

You may disagree, but you are incorrect to say the Tag is only for "those who don't give a ****!"

Top Bottom