• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    After long thought, I need to get an ankle holster for my subcompact. Someone I trust has a Bagmaster but those are seemingly no longer available (his is 20+ years old).

I need one I can use with workboots OR regular shoes.

Suggestions? Lessons learned?

Thank you

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I use a galco ankle glove. Had it for about 4/5 years every day use. The velcro is about gone and the inside wool has fallen apart. I would buy another. Dont mess with the added strap.

Its most comfortable with a boot. Shoes it gets loe and rubs the ankle. I carry a 26.. im use to it but like something a touch lighter.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Second on ankle glove by galco. Also, calf strap sucks. For shoes, I wear full height socks and tuck them around the holster. Makes 110% in stability and concealment when you have to bend down, working on equipment etc and your pant bottoms come up. Give it a solid one month trial before deciding no because it's weird at first. I promise you'll be glad you did.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    I use a galco ankle glove. Had it for about 4/5 years every day use. The velcro is about gone and the inside wool has fallen apart. I would buy another. Dont mess with the added strap.

Its most comfortable with a boot. Shoes it gets loe and rubs the ankle. I carry a 26.. im use to it but like something a touch lighter.

If you want something a touch lighter you might want to try the Galco Ankle Lite

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I had a good experience with the Desantis Apache. It was more comfortable with 6" work boots than with shoes because of the previously mentioned reasons. The holster will rest right on top of the boot so you won't have to feel like your adjusting the tension so tight it cuts off circulation.

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I am interested in ankle carry as well. I usually appendix carry, but have been looking for a good ankle holster. I think I will try the ankle glove by Galco.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I am interested in ankle carry as well. I usually appendix carry, but have been looking for a good ankle holster. I think I will try the ankle glove by Galco.

I went years pocket carrying an LCP during circunstances that didn't allow me to IWB. because I had only tried cheap ankle holsters, and the one nice one I tried I only tried for a day and hated it, I never gave anything else a shot. Give a good ankle holster a shot and give it a month without rest to get used to it. I now ankle carry a 9mm Shield in the circumstances I used to pocket carry and LCP and love the change for comfort and firepower.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I have a 20 plus year old galco ankle glove for j frame that is great. Very comfortable. I have a desantis leather for Glock 43 that I carry every time I have pants on. It is a very good value, comfortable and it has an extra long strap.

Top Bottom