• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's certainly a step in that direction. I've been trying to steer people away from Keymod for a couple of years now.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with it but in comparing it to M-LOK I never saw an advantage to Keymod and figured it would lose the popularity race one day. Magpul made it "open source" so no one had to pay any licensing fees to use it coupled with the prevalence of polymer M-LOK accessories my gut has always told me it would see more long term support.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I approve of this. Love the way the BCM mounts to the upper, but have put off pulling the trigger on one because everything else I have is M-LOK.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Maybe I'm missing something here BUT...
    I have ALWAYS bought the KeyMod for ease of mounting accessories. No taking the ff guard off to mount. Keymod slips on and tightens up in seconds.
    Did M-Lok come out with an ease of attachment system?
    I'm not an expert on this stuff but I love my BCM 13" Keymod.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Maybe I'm missing something here BUT...
    I have ALWAYS bought the KeyMod for ease of mounting accessories. No taking the ff guard off to mount. Keymod slips on and tightens up in seconds.
    I believe you’re thinking of original MOE, where you had to get to the back side of the rails to attach the nuts.

M-LOK attaches just as easily as keymod, but allows more precise adjustments.

magpul-m-lok-description.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I spoke with a rail manufacturer and they said it was wayyyyy easier (cheaper) to do mlok. I didn’t know there was also pay to play licensing issues with keymod.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Just because the Military got on board with it, only means it is CHEAPER and most likely the lowest bidder wins the .gov contract.

I have keymod and still have full pic rails as well, I'm not going into combat anytime soon (52), AR's seem to be like computers, lets keep making products and hyping them up to get people to spend some money.

I don't hang a bunch of crap on my rifles anyway, not saying in the future if I buy another AR that it won't be M-Lok.
    But for now, not going to change anything.
    Right now my money is going to hand guns, mags for hand guns and more ammo.

Top Bottom