• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have one, it runs on a CZ Custom Shop AccuShadow really really good pistol mounted red dot. Funny thing is I like the Vortex many times more than I ever did a Gen I Trijicon RMR I have.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've got the viper or venom one (step down from the razor) on a suppressor host I use quite a bit. I'd say you'll be happy with it. Seems to hold zero perfectly, seems to let me shoot things that would just seem silly with irons more easily, and the brightness settings seem to have lots of range as well. No tint to the glass or magnification etc. I wouldn't throw mine on a carry pistol or anything, but that doesn't mean that it's not a good optic.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I have one mounted on an M&P slide. It's been pretty solid - I shot it a ton when I first had the slide milled for it but it hasn't been out for a while. Not a fault of the Razor because I'm a fan of the optic but I just don't shoot that gun as much anymore. I've dropped the gun before and the optic stayed zero and didn't sustain any damage. It's a pretty tough red dot sight.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Just got one for a pretty good deal. Anyone using one? Good, bad?
    So, you buy something because it's a pretty good deal, THEN ask for advice about the item. It seems to me that you have the process backwards. How did you know you got a pretty good deal? Unless you're just trying to boost your post count, why not provide us with a review of your pretty good deal?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So, you buy something because it's a pretty good deal, THEN ask for advice about the item. It seems to me that you have the process backwards. How did you know you got a pretty good deal? Unless you're just trying to boost your post count, why not provide us with a review of your pretty good deal?

Not sure he is boosting post count. He is new to the forum and just asking so how about we give him a break. We all learn as we go.
    I did.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    You got me there. I don't know much about the Razor, but it would have to be quite a bit better than the Viper or Venom for me to even consider it. (Maybe it is)

I only have ~4K through mine, been good so far. Granted I do not beat on my stuff like Aaron does.

- - - Updated - - -

You got me there. I don't know much about the Razor, but it would have to be quite a bit better than the Viper or Venom for me to even consider it. (Maybe it is)

I only have ~4K through mine, been good so far. Granted I do not beat on my stuff like Aaron does.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Not sure he is boosting post count. He is new to the forum and just asking so how about we give him a break. We all learn as we go.
    I did.

The conversation from his OP has been good.
    I don't disagree with anything you've stated ... still the questions remain ... How did the OP know they had a pretty good deal? Why ask for advice on an item AFTER you've dropped your coin on that item?

Not the first time I've seen a post like this ... must have been in grumpy mode when I decided to post a comment this time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't disagree with anything you've stated ... still the questions remain ... How did the OP know they had a pretty good deal? Why ask for advice on an item AFTER you've dropped your coin on that item?

Not the first time I've seen a post like this ... must have been in grumpy mode when I decided to post a comment this time.

No worries. Just saying we have to guide the new guys along. And I understand your point.
    I had been shooting for near 35 years when I joined and I had to be guided along a few times and on occasion I am still in that learning curve.

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I purchased one lightly used for $250 from a LGS a year ago (6 MOA model). It seems very high quality and cool form factor although I wish it was the 3 MOA model. The factory rail mount's screw is somewhat stripped so I'm going to need to pick up a new mount for it.

Top Bottom