• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Too cheap to buy a decent holster for a $1000 class, I have no pity. Also that tracksuit the guy is wearing is appalling, how did this guy afford the course fee???

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Show up in a tracksuit, no belt and carrying in a Fobus holster. I guess you got to get started somewhere. He choose the right trainer to correct those issues. I'm really surprised they even let him on the range with that set up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Track suits used to be the official outfit for guys working for certain businessmen in NY and NJ....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's not at all uncommon for friends, family and acquaintances to give training as a gift. I have done this.

This clueless fellow may well have been the recipient of such?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Too cheap to buy a decent holster for a $1000 class, I have no pity. Also that tracksuit the guy is wearing is appalling, how did this guy afford the course fee???
    Happens everyday, some people still defend Fobus trash til the ends of the Earth. In the past, I used to rip Fobus Holsters off of folks wearing them to prove how much trash they were, I bought a LOT of $14 Holsters doing that, but sold an assload of Galco and Desantis in the meantime.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Love me some Clint Smith. I've taken one class with him and he is a hell of an instructor (with all loaner equipment, so I'm glad I wasn't given a Fobus holster :laugh: ) ... and he doesn't sugarcoat anything.
    ”Go to the house and get me a ****ing holster!”

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Love me some Clint Smith. I've taken one class with him and he is a hell of an instructor (with all loaner equipment, so I'm glad I wasn't given a Fobus holster :laugh: ) ... and he doesn't sugarcoat anything.
    ”Go to the house and get me a ****ing holster!”

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Almost four years working in a gun shop, I was amazed how many people bought quality handguns and would not buy any more than a Uncle Mikes nylon holster. I don’t want to think how much I have invested in holsters right now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not very professional, I'd have probably said could you please go to the house and get me "my f###king money back"?
    Almost as professional as showing up to a very expensive class unprepared with substandard equipment, and wasting the valuable time and money of everyone else on the line?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Not very professional, I'd have probably said could you please go to the house and get me "my f###king money back"?

The man is all business and will save your life. If you're smart enough to learn what he's teaching. Clint would send you home, happily. Not sure about the refund. I expect the requirements for the course were spelled out before he showed up and payed.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

Almost as professional as showing up to a very expensive class unprepared with substandard equipment, and wasting the valuable time and money of everyone else on the line?

8350523D-A124-4233-A8CA-81F2102166D8_zpszq8seoqv.jpg

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

That's kinda why he's there right.....to learn something? Maybe some people think getting cussed at and berated is good training and that's fine, I wouldn't.
    There would've been nothing wrong with taking the guy to the side and explaining his poor purchases.
    Maybe he'll start throwing and stepping on pistols next? Flame away!!!!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    There would've been nothing wrong with taking the guy to the side and explaining his poor purchases.
    Maybe he'll start throwing and stepping on pistols next? Flame away!!!!

It's a $1000 class anyone who shows up with that crappy gear is holding the class back due to their immense level of stupidity. It's like the trouble making kids in a classroom you kick them out so they don't hold back the kids who actually want to learn.

And stepping on pistols is the dumbasses at Tactical Responce gig not Thunder Ranch :rockwoot:

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    It's a $1000 class anyone who shows up with that crappy gear is holding the class back due to their immense level of stupidity. It's like the trouble making kids in a classroom you kick them out so they don't hold back the kids who actually want to learn.

And stepping on pistols is the dumbasses at Tactical Responce gig not Thunder Ranch :rockwoot:

Okay, nevermind. Shew!!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    A quote from Heidi(Clint’s wife and an all around beautiful person), taken from the comments section of that video! Pretty much dumps the professionalism comment!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]s ago•1[/COLOR]

[FONT=&quot]Thunder Ranch
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You are so correct....he is really a good student and has been back 3 times since this was taken....we gave him one from our own range bag a personal holster ....he is a great sport and has been asking when we are going to post this video....he actually just finished doing a Mid Range Rifle last month (had the same pants;) and brought a middle of the road rifle and scope and KICKED ASS with it. We are excited to see him back next year for Urban Rifle with Vehicle;) Heidi/Thunder Ranch[/FONT]

Top Bottom