• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I have a 300 Blackout pistol that currently has a red dot optic on it. I was wanting to get a scope for it and was looking for some recommendations. I plan on using this for deer hunting. I would think if I do my part, this would be good out to 150 to 200 yards max. Anybody using a configuration like this or have used in the past with any success in deer hunting with it?

Edit: As far as price range goes, I’d like to be $300 or under if possible.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have a 300 Blackout pistol that currently has a red dot optic on it. I was wanting to get a scope for it and was looking for some recommendations. I plan on using this for deer hunting. I would think if I do my part, this would be good out to 150 to 200 yards max. Anybody using a configuration like this or have used in the past with any success in deer hunting with it?

Price range plays a huge role, but I would got with a 1-4/1-6/1-8 type optic. If you have a price range in mind, folks can make better recommendations.

bbarker

Marksman
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    SE Indiana
    I recently bought a Nikon P-300 2-7x32 scope for my 300blk rifle. Paid right around $200 and I am very happy with it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Have you deer hunted with it? With my red dot, I was only shooting at 50 - 75 yards so far and was wondering what I could do with a better optic.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    I just picked up a Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 new on EBay for $188 with free shipping. From all the research I did, it seems to be a really nice 200 yard scope.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville

Edit: As far as price range goes, I’d like to be $300 or under if possible.
    I bought the Primary Arms 1-6x with the 300 BDC. It has a lighted or not chevron the is a great option in low light. I am very pleased with it.

Top Bottom