• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    Cabelas has a Vortex viper HS long range 4-16×44 dead hold bdc 30 mm rifle scope for 349.99. How good of a deal is this
    I'm looking for a scope for my 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun. Mainly shoot steel plates out to 500 yards, and a little deer hunting. Would this be a good scope for that?

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Cabelas sure does have some strange ways of doing business. The pre black Friday deals included a bushnell AR Optics scope at a decent price... This included a free Herter's mount. A nice one piece cantilever mount that made the deal for me. Now Herter's IS Cabelas brand. So I go to pick up the scope this morning and .... no mount. I would have thought that if a store ordered 40 scopes for the sale... they would also order 40 mounts. Nope. I have to go online, type in some info from the receipt, wait until that info is verified and then wait for delivery of the mount. I was confused all day.... granted it does not take much to get me confused..

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I bought the same exact scope this time last year to go on my 6.5 Grendel. I'm not sure that it is a great deal, but it is a decent quality scope. It is my nicest scope so I can't compare it to higher end models.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    I bought the same scope for my 243. NFG out of the box, the second time it's happened to me in the three times I have bought Vortex scopes. I sent the first one in and they said they fixed it. When I got it back it did hold a zero but looked kind of foggy. I lost faith in that scope and used my Cabelas points to buy an upgraded one, it was awesome right out of the box. Scope number 3 is so far off to the left theres not enough adjustment to bring it over to zero. I have taken it completely off and mounted it again with the same results. I have now sworn off (and at) Vortex for good. I'm tire of wasting my money on ammo to do quality control on their products. I will agree their customer service is good but how about putting out a quality product on the first try ? I had actually sat down at my computer to get the return form from Cabelas and shop for a new scope when I seen this post. Good luck scope shopping.

Top Bottom