Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Shopping for a conceal holster

I recently purchased a S&W 45 Shield and I'm looking for a holster for conceal carry. Does anyone have a prefered brand or website they use? Prefer to carry behind my back but if you have reason to carry elsewear, would love to hear your opinion.

User Info Menu

If you carry small of the back, you run a greater chance of falling on your back and wrecking your spine than you do needing your pistol. Especially with winter coming up. I don't know about you, but I've slipped and fallen on the ice, and that hurts enough without a pistol wracking your spine too.

I use Kramer holsters myself.

Custom Gun Leather & Gun Holsters from Kramer Handgun Leather
    You got my table but you're not getting my lobsters.

User Info Menu

I personally have been doing appendix for about 6 years or so. It's not for everyone though 4:00 is also good. Holster companies are pretty good though no matter the method, if they make a good product they make a good product for the most part.

I personally really like Dale Fricke and Trex Arms. Henry, NSR, GCode and a few others seem to be pretty good as well. You can check them all out and see if there is anything that seems up your alley. I prefer loops over clips for attaching to the belt but I have compromised on that with a few holsters I really like. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT, get a good gun belt. That is as important as a good holster and maybe more.

User Info Menu

Galco King Tuk. I tend to carry between 5:30 - 6 position myself and love the hybrid IWB's for this, and my favorite so far is the King Tuk. Better gun retention in my opinion than the CrossBreeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

I like the Comp-Tac Infidel Max. Well constructed. Simple, and effective. I like the split clip so the holster can be positioned over a belt loop. Some pants seem to have a belt loop right in "the spot." Without a split slip, the holster has to be positioned either fore or aft of the loop.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

User Info Menu

My go to iwb holster is Crossbreed. A top rate company.

User Info Menu

I use Alienware holsters. Pretty much one of the only companies I found that had one for my carry, a Walther PPX. Love it though. They also have a free kydex replacemt for life policy.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bfish View Post
    I personally have been doing appendix for about 6 years or so. It's not for everyone though 4:00 is also good. Holster companies are pretty good though no matter the method, if they make a good product they make a good product for the most part.

I personally really like Dale Fricke and Trex Arms. Henry, NSR, GCode and a few others seem to be pretty good as well. You can check them all out and see if there is anything that seems up your alley. I prefer loops over clips for attaching to the belt but I have compromised on that with a few holsters I really like. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT, get a good gun belt. That is as important as a good holster and maybe more.
    This is the truth.

Also, ditch the small-of-back carry and appendix carry. There may be people who do that safely, but if you're asking about it on the internet, you're not one of them. And just so you know I'm not being a smartass, I'm not one of them either
    It's not a tool, it's a weapon. *I* am the tool.

User Info Menu

My Shield holster is made by ETW holsters. It is very nice. Recently I bought a Tucker holster for my 586. It is also very nice. Either one would do you well if you want OWB, leather.

As you are seeing, you will have plenty of holsters to research if you want to look up all the suggestions. It's great that we have so many choices!

As far as carry preference, I like OWB at around the 4 o'clock position. Both of the above mentioned holsters ride high and conceal well under my shirts. I almost always wear my shirts untucked so I am good to go.
    "Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."--Bruce Lee

User Info Menu

I prefer IWB at roughly the 4:00 position. I just picked up a MaxTuck from https://www.whitehatholsters.com/ that turned out really nice.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast