• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2016
    Howard County
    Does anyone know of one? I am wanting to make a kydex "rack" for the door of my safe. Just curious if anybody knows of a show or place we could pick this, or something similar up. Admittedly, I don't know much about these materials. Is there something easier to find locally that would perform the same way?

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Meyer plastic in Lafayette, has to be something closer. Menards sells 4x8 sheets of plastic. Can’t remember the grade. It in with the nice plywood.

Enon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2016
    Howard County
    I should mention that I am making "holsters" for the inside of my safe, not for carry. The pistol pouches/pockets are pulling the carpet away from the fireboard that is on the door. My plan is to make these and add a piece of carpeted wood to the door on top of the fireboard. Then I will screw these into that would for a secure hold. Retention isn't really vital in this application as my safe won't be running and jumping around. The stuff at Mendards is 1/4" thick. A little the to really heat form I think. At 54 bucks for a 4x8 sheet, I don't want to be stuck with it if it doesn't form well. Any ideas on what else to try? I was thinking about trying to cut up a storage tote and try that. They are like 3 bucks. Anyone ever tried this?

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a 12 x 12 piece of .093 at Tandy Leather in Indy (Speedway). Looks like there is a location in Fort Wayne also. There is also a Meyers Plastic location on the north side of Indy.

Enon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2016
    Howard County
    Update!!! Meyer Plastics told me that Kydex is just a brand name. It is essentially ABS. Bought a whole 4x8 sheet for 37 bucks. Starting work on it tonight. I will post pics as they come. I also plan to do magazine holders since I have so much of the stuff.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    What about mounting a piece of pegboard and using hooks to hold through the trigger guards? As long as you don’t slam the door closed they should be safe and secure.

Enon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2016
    Howard County
    My heat gun
    Z
    2Q==
    2Q==
    2Q==
    9k=

The lower picture is how it currently is. With then loaded the weight is too much for the velco. I still have to clean up and round my edges. First, I have to buy a new heat gun because mine gave up the ghost. As far as he peg board, Personally I was wanting something that looked a little cleaner. My wife would also thrown a fit..

Enon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2016
    Howard County
    20171116_200746.jpg

Ok, I got all of my holsters done. All mags are full Below is what it did look like before I started this:

20171115_194929.jpg

All mags are below the correct door. This is ABS. I bought a 4x8 sheet or 38 bucks and still have a lot of it left!!!

Top Bottom