Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Local source for Kydex?

Does anyone know of one? I am wanting to make a kydex "rack" for the door of my safe. Just curious if anybody knows of a show or place we could pick this, or something similar up. Admittedly, I don't know much about these materials. Is there something easier to find locally that would perform the same way?

Plinker
    Meyer plastic in Lafayette, has to be something closer. Menards sells 4x8 sheets of plastic. Can’t remember the grade. It in with the nice plywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullglide View Post
    Meyer plastic in Lafayette, has to be something closer. Menards sells 4x8 sheets of plastic. Canít remember the grade. It in with the nice plywood.
    Do you know if it can be heat formed by chance? I will try to check out Meyer Plastics tomorrow. Thanks.

Just get it online unless you just want to experiment with something else.

KnifeKits.comô : Knife & Gun Making Supplies and Tools
    Index Fasteners, Inc.

Even Amazon has some.

I should mention that I am making "holsters" for the inside of my safe, not for carry. The pistol pouches/pockets are pulling the carpet away from the fireboard that is on the door. My plan is to make these and add a piece of carpeted wood to the door on top of the fireboard. Then I will screw these into that would for a secure hold. Retention isn't really vital in this application as my safe won't be running and jumping around. The stuff at Mendards is 1/4" thick. A little the to really heat form I think. At 54 bucks for a 4x8 sheet, I don't want to be stuck with it if it doesn't form well. Any ideas on what else to try? I was thinking about trying to cut up a storage tote and try that. They are like 3 bucks. Anyone ever tried this?

Plinker
    I picked up a 12 x 12 piece of .093 at Tandy Leather in Indy (Speedway). Looks like there is a location in Fort Wayne also. There is also a Meyers Plastic location on the north side of Indy.

Update!!! Meyer Plastics told me that Kydex is just a brand name. It is essentially ABS. Bought a whole 4x8 sheet for 37 bucks. Starting work on it tonight. I will post pics as they come. I also plan to do magazine holders since I have so much of the stuff.

Kydex is not ABS.
    I'm gonna free fall out into nothin'
    Gonna leave this world for awhile

LFFL

Kydex is a form of PVC.

What about mounting a piece of pegboard and using hooks to hold through the trigger guards? As long as you don’t slam the door closed they should be safe and secure.

This space for rent. I doubt you'll like the rates...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast