• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    As the title says. What local shops have a decent selection in stock of holsters in central Indiana? My current selections for my 3”1911 are getting older and time for some new. Would like to see/feel. I loved the alien gear I had for the Taurus but wouldn’t mind looking locally either. Prefer leather.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If it's a 1911 just place and order for a Milt Sparks Versa Max or Criterion. Your wallet will hate me but for a 1911 they are the best leather holsters out there IMHO. With all that being said as far as Indiana shops are concerned you are probably out of luck or will find very little for a 3 inch 1911 as they are relatively niche guns and not very common.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/holsters/milt-sparks/1911-versa-max-2.html

Top Gun Supply has a few Versa Max 2's for a 3 inch 1911 in stock, I have ordered from them before great company. That and it helps you avoid the 15 week wait if you order directly from Milt Sparks.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I personally haven't found a shop with a good selection of different holster types. Several years ago Midwest Gun Exchange had a decent selection, but not sure what they have these days as I haven't been back to that area for quite some time. I went to Top Guns in Terre Haute recently and while they had a wall full of holsters, they had almost no IWB hybrid, which is what I was looking at.

I've pretty much settled on IWB hybrid and other than a Crossbreed Mini Tuck I have for a Glock 43 (that I bought before I could get a Galco King Tuk for it), I'm all Galco King Tuk (even for the 43) as the comfort level and concealability are high and the retention is excellent.

Top Bottom