• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I really want to try carrying this gun, but it seems like very few holster manufacturers make good holsters for it. On the recommendation found on the Canik Fanatik forums, I picked up a Galco Concealable Belt holster, but I didn't really care for it. It didn't seem to really fit the gun the way I'd hoped and it just felt awkward. I had hoped it would carry similar to the Galco Combat Master I used for a 1911 or the DeSantis Speed Scabbard I had used for my Sig Legion, but that wasn't the case.

What I'm looking for is an OWB pancake/scabbard style holster, in either leather or kydex. Most of the holsters I've found for this gun are IWB, not OWB. I like the looks of the OWB holsters made by Raw Dog Tactical, but they don't make a holster specific to the model I have and I'm not sure if the TP9SA is similar enough that I could use that holster. I also like the looks of Bravo Concealment OWB holsters, but again, they don't make anything for Canik.

As stated above, I would love something similar to the Galco Combat Master or DeSantis Speed Scabbard, or even a Bladetech holster, like a Eclipse/Total Eclipse. Unfortunately, I've checked and none of those have a model made for this gun. I know I could have something custom made, but I was hoping to keep the price reasonable and just be able to order something and have it quickly.

Anyway, suggestions are welcome.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    WT, I have an Sfx and got my holster through Frank the Tank's recommendation on the CanikFanatik site and you tube. I know that my holster is a drop offset made for competition but I feel it was well done. Jeff, at RDR can probably modify the length of his SFX holster mold to compensate for the shorter length of the Elite (nice gun by the way). I'll pm his contact info to you. I think that I have heard of a couple of other mfgs that make holsters for the Canik line and also that a G19 holster works (???). Since I have the RDR holster I have let the other info kind of fall out of my head.....

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    When I had a TP9SF I carried in a Clinger IWB holster made for a TP9SA and it fit great. I don't know that the Elite would fit an SA holster, because of the SA being the full size version and the Elite being a compact. Do any of the gun shops in Indy make custom holsters? Would be better than ordering a custom one online and waiting forever.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    https://smokymtnconcealment.com/collections/owb-holsters/products/canik-tp9-warrior-series-owb

Not sure you are going to find what you want, and cheap and right away.

Thank you sir. Have you used any of their holsters? I like the look, but I'm not sure about the attachment options. I definitely don't want paddle style or drop offset style, preferring to use a standard loop belt attachment. Can someone tell me which of the belt options they have fit my needs (if any)?

WT, I have an Sfx and got my holster through Frank the Tank's recommendation on the CanikFanatik site and you tube. I know that my holster is a drop offset made for competition but I feel it was well done. Jeff, at RDR can probably modify the length of his SFX holster mold to compensate for the shorter length of the Elite (nice gun by the way). I'll pm his contact info to you. I think that I have heard of a couple of other mfgs that make holsters for the Canik line and also that a G19 holster works (???). Since I have the RDR holster I have let the other info kind of fall out of my head.....

What model did you get and was it drop offset only, or do you know if it could come with standard belt loops? I have tried a G19 Blade-tech holster and it didn't fit at all. I probably could have loosened up the tension a lot to accommodate it, but I was hoping for something made specifically for this gun. I have a Galco Combat Master for a G19/23 on backorder from MidwayUSA that I'm waiting on. If it fits, I'll be ecstatic as that's my preferred holster. We'll have to see though, as it was supposed to come back into stock twice now without actually happening. I see the PM you sent, thanks.

When I had a TP9SF I carried in a Clinger IWB holster made for a TP9SA and it fit great. I don't know that the Elite would fit an SA holster, because of the SA being the full size version and the Elite being a compact. Do any of the gun shops in Indy make custom holsters? Would be better than ordering a custom one online and waiting forever.

I like the looks of the no print wonder IWB/OWB holster, but wonder about the durability of the "wings" that you use for attaching it to the belt. If I can't find anything else, that might be one to try. Yes, there are custom holster makers in Indy, at least I have heard there are. I do know that there are a couple here on INGO who custom make holsters, like hpclayto. I might have to check with one of those resources if the Galco combat master doesn't fit the gun.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Or maybe this: Comp-Tac International Outside The Waistband Holster, Canik TP-9 SF Elite, Right Hand, Black, 739189122585 from OpticsPlanet. $55.24

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Or maybe this: Comp-Tac International Outside The Waistband Holster, Canik TP-9 SF Elite, Right Hand, Black, 739189122585 from OpticsPlanet. $55.24

Thanks, but I like something that hugs up close and doesn't stick out as much. That reminds me of a Blackhawk Serpa, without the release mechanism. What stinks is that they have a Flatline model that looks like it would be perfect, but it's not made for the Canik... :noway:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    What model did you get and was it drop offset only, or do you know if it could come with standard belt loops? I have tried a G19 Blade-tech holster and it didn't fit at all. I probably could have loosened up the tension a lot to accommodate it, but I was hoping for something made specifically for this gun. I have a Galco Combat Master for a G19/23 on backorder from MidwayUSA that I'm waiting on. If it fits, I'll be ecstatic as that's my preferred holster. We'll have to see though, as it was supposed to come back into stock twice now without actually happening. I see the PM you sent, thanks.
    The RDR was a group buy to allow RDR to get the SFX so as to make the mold. The holster itself has three vertical holes to attach to the bladetech drop offset. It could easily be unscrewed from it and used on a different attachment with the belt slots you want. Email Jeff at RDR and see what he says about an Elite version. If you are in Bloomington sometime, I can show you the Sfx holster.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The RDR was a group buy to allow RDR to get the SFX so as to make the mold. The holster itself has three vertical holes to attach to the bladetech drop offset. It could easily be unscrewed from it and used on a different attachment with the belt slots you want. Email Jeff at RDR and see what he says about an Elite version. If you are in Bloomington sometime, I can show you the Sfx holster.

Thanks. I'll email Jeff and see what I can find out ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'll have to look into Alien Gear as well, thanks.

I ended up just canceling my backorder with MidwayUSA and ordering a Galco Combat Master from Amazon. Got it for around the same price, so no big deal. If I'm lucky, it'll fit the Canik and I'll be good to go :yesway:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Thank you sir. Have you used any of their holsters? I like the look, but I'm not sure about the attachment options. I definitely don't want paddle style or drop offset style, preferring to use a standard loop belt attachment. Can someone tell me which of the belt options they have fit my needs (if any)?

.n.

I have not. I heard some good things about them when searching for holster options for the TP9SFx. I have a Red Hill Tactical for my competition Glock and if I get a Canik I may use them for that holster as well. I didn't recommend the Red Hill Tactical to you only because I know they are a 4 week turnaround, other than that I really like the holster. I am using it with a drop mount for competition though. Things are evn tougher to get for me being left handed.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have not. I heard some good things about them when searching for holster options for the TP9SFx. I have a Red Hill Tactical for my competition Glock and if I get a Canik I may use them for that holster as well. I didn't recommend the Red Hill Tactical to you only because I know they are a 4 week turnaround, other than that I really like the holster. I am using it with a drop mount for competition though. Things are evn tougher to get for me being left handed.

I'll look at options from both, to see if anything works for me. Thanks again (to everyone who has posted) :yesway:

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I am currently using Iron Sight Tactical. It can be worn OTB or IWB. Another great holster is Ready Tactical. Both of these are Kydex. Iron Sight is a guy here in Indians, and he has made several custom projects for me which I have been very pleased with.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    I dumped a lot of money into Comp-Tac before I started having custom work done. Not really any difference in price, but there is a huge difference in product fit and feel.

Top Bottom