Not open for further replies.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Im trying to find a flashlight mount that goes on a picatinny rail and holds a .5” or 13mm flashlight. I have looked everywhere i can think to look and cant find one. Im putting a stremlight stylus pro in it, so if anyone has this light on their firearm or knows where i can get a mount for it, i would greatly appreciate it. I really dont want to have to make one lol.

Attachments

• 8D21AD72-E1C7-4701-B388-08348A09BBDC.jpg
      8D21AD72-E1C7-4701-B388-08348A09BBDC.jpg
      137.8 KB · Views: 40

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Im well aware of what it is. Its a light that has proven its durabilty, longevity, and performance to me, therefore i will have one on my gun whether i have to make the mount myself or not. I just didnt know if there were universal 1/2 round mounts for sale out there or not. Its a cheap build and streamlights gun lights are kind of expensive.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Don't see why you would put that tiny little light on a firearm. Jump on LA Police gear. Think they have some inexpensive options that would work. Streamlights start at 70ish (TLR3) and go up from there. I just ordered a Protac series100 bucks gets you everything you need.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Real advice would be to remove the 7lb swinging kettlebell from the shotgun. Have you actually shot it with 25 12 gauge shells swinging to and fro?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Im trying to find a flashlight mount that goes on a picatinny rail and holds a .5” or 13mm flashlight. I have looked everywhere i can think to look and cant find one. Im putting a stremlight stylus pro in it, so if anyone has this light on their firearm or knows where i can get a mount for it, i would greatly appreciate it. I really dont want to have to make one lol.

Im well aware of what it is. Its a light that has proven its durabilty, longevity, and performance to me, therefore i will have one on my gun whether i have to make the mount myself or not. I just didnt know if there were universal 1/2 round mounts for sale out there or not. Its a cheap build and streamlights gun lights are kind of expensive.

Since you're discussing it here, what purpose do you envision a Stylus Pro serving mounted on your shotgun?

The sling with all of the shells is an interesting choice. Do the shells interfere with going from slung to a shooting position quickly? How are you able to stabilize them adequately to retrieve shells and load the tube quickly? Do they ever get in the way if you're moving around obstacles with the gun in a ready position? How much does the loaded sling slow you down when transitioning from a ready position to on target or from one target to another?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have not personally seen a 0.5" flashlight mount. However a 1.0" mount is extremely common with tons of brands available, even an inexpensive 1" scope mount will work fine. You could easily pick up a Streamlight Polytac light for $40 and a mount for $10. That would give you a much better (and easier to acquire) setup for around $50. I have seen many folks use that light on long guns. Or, like someone else mentioned, pick up one of the Streamlight weapon mounted lights that have the mount built into them for well under $100. Take it from someone who has rigged up tons of stuff over the years, it isn't worth it in the end, just fork over a little cash and do it right from the beginning.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Just about everyone in our plant has a stylus pro, and just about everyone has to turn it on and tap it a few times to get it to work.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Don’t want this thread to devolve into the pros and cons of the stylus pro. However I’ve had one I have carried for honestly about 4 years every day and it still works great. So I can understand the OP’s preference for something he knows works. I do believe a 1” light gives you a lot of advantages however.

OP, the only thing I can think of are some more universal mounts which have a larger range of adjustment. They typically aren’t the most streamlined. Alternatively, you might be able to find a mount designed for a laser which would work. See the link below for what I mean.

https://www.google.com/search?q=las...Q7AkINA&biw=375&bih=647#imgrc=N5ZptD4eykKrfM:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    The sylus pro is a wicked bright flashlight, that is its sole purpose. I realized after i took it out that the sling was stupid idea, but id never shot a gun with one on it, and it was cheap as hell on ebay so i figured why not. Its no longer on the gun though. I may look into a laser mount to see what i can do with that. I have a tlr2 on another gun and its no brighter or more durable than the sylus, and for a cheap shotgun, the sylus will do what i need it to plus i have 3 of them.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The sylus pro is a wicked bright flashlight, that is its sole purpose. I realized after i took it out that the sling was stupid idea, but id never shot a gun with one on it, and it was cheap as hell on ebay so i figured why not. Its no longer on the gun though. I may look into a laser mount to see what i can do with that. I have a tlr2 on another gun and its no brighter or more durable than the sylus, and for a cheap shotgun, the sylus will do what i need it to plus i have 3 of them.

Dude I was a little sympathetic towards the piling on you were getting until I saw this. Everyone is trying to give you good advice from experience. I carry a Stylus Pro everyday at work as a task light. It is not wickedly bright and I can see no reason to use it as a weapon mounted light other than emergency field expediency.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dude I was a little sympathetic towards the piling on you were getting until I saw this. Everyone is trying to give you good advice from experience. I carry a Stylus Pro everyday at work as a task light. It is not wickedly bright and I can see no reason to use it as a weapon mounted light other than emergency field expediency.
    Mike, the word cheap has been in nearly every one of his posts in this thread, no amount of experienced reason is going to change his outlook. Let him hang whatever doo-dads he wants to on his shotAR however he can figure it out? You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make’em drink.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Aright, so i was asking for advise on trying to find a mount. I have no doubts that there are better options out there, but for this particular gun im not forking over the type of money it takes to get the quality of light that i get out of my flashlight. I didnt come here to get ragged on about my stupid mag sling (which i agree was stupid) or the “do-dads” im trying to hang off it. I was trying to see if there was a suitable option out there before i went ahead and made one (which i am fully capable of). Even with all my ebay special parts i couldnt buy a new maverick 88 for what i have wrapped up in this one. I bought it dirt cheap used, and its not worth it to me to spend money on an actual gun light. My fkn bad fellas.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Alrighty then, duct tape still fits your budget and mindset. It makes things something they are not, and it’s cheap! A couple extra wraps and you can hang a knife off the front too!

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    You will not find anything that I’ll work other than Jerry rigging something. I have a stylus pro, carried for a while but it isn’t as reliable anymore so it’s jist a backup in a medical kit. I’d skip the light all together if that is your only option. I honestly do not believe it will hold up to a 12gauge.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The stylus pro is a wicked bright flashlight, that is its sole purpose...... I have a tlr2 on another gun and its no brighter or more durable than the stylus, and for a cheap shotgun, the stylus will do what i need it to plus i have 3 of them.

The SureFire XH35 is ultra bright at 1,000 Lumens which is over 10x the lumens of the Stylus and is actually designed to survive being mounted to a firearm (which is 100% different than say carrying it around in a pocket all day and using it occasionally)

SureFire XH35 MasterFire Holster Weapon Light

I have no doubts that there are better options out there, but for this particular gun im not forking over the type of money it takes to get the quality of light that i get out of my flashlight... It's not worth it to me to spend money on an actual gun light. My fkn bad fellas.

So once this Stylus is mounted to the shotgun (Via Duct Tape??), I wonder how long that 90 lumen cheap pen light (the TLR-2 "old" version is 300 lumen BTW) will last under the relatively hard recoil impulse of the 12ga shotgun? Most actual weapon lights are expensive" because they have to survive being attached to a gun and undergoing the recoil impulse as well as being tossed in bags, carried around and generally being treated like garbage. I hope this gun does not serve any important purpose at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom