• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wish I could say this was the first time I've run in to this issue. Sometimes it's avoidable as manufacturers are either accurate in their measurements or they include an actual length in the fine print. I ran the numbers and a 10.5" barrel with a KX5 should have protruded around 1/4" from the end of a 13" rail. That only works if the 13" rail is 13". Time and money wasted again. First world problems I know but frustrating nonetheless.

vt4NS7Dh.jpg

CVThoxPh.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is the top rail 13'? I mean, yeah, it is still deceptive as to OAL, but it kinda looks like the rail part is shorter than the OAL.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I wish I could say this was the first time I've run in to this issue. Sometimes it's avoidable as manufacturers are either accurate in their measurements or they include an actual length in the fine print. I ran the numbers and a 10.5" barrel with a KX5 should have protruded around 1/4" from the end of a 13" rail. That only works if the 13" rail is 13". Time and money wasted again. First world problems I know but frustrating nonetheless.

vt4NS7Dh.jpg

CVThoxPh.jpg

Welp, clearly the gun is junk now. I'll take it off your hands and properly dispose of it for you.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I hate to be Mr. Obvious, but in the description for the BCM rail it clearly states:

[FONT=&quot]"Actual length when measured to flare is 13.4"

[/FONT]
    Was this added after you sent an email in? Haha

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hate to be Mr. Obvious, but in the description for the BCM rail it clearly states:

[FONT=&quot]"Actual length when measured to flare is 13.4"

[/FONT]
    He said they put it in fine print. The point is, they need to put the real length in the title

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

[FONT=&amp]"Actual length when measured to flare is 13.4"

[/FONT]

You are correct, it does say that on the BCM website. I didn’t buy it from BCM and it was listed as a 13” BCM rail, not quite as obvious.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I’d belt sand it flush and repaint the end. That’s me though.

It's hard to tell in the photo, but it looks like you would sand back into the first Keymod holes on the 45s (and the first partial Keymod hole on the side of the rail) if you did that.

I just went and checked my 15" KMR (which appears to be the same at the muzzle end) and it definitely will run into the keymod holes if one were to try to sand it flat in the front.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom