• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    Well, Ive been collecting US footlockers for a few years now and I'm up to 5 or 6 now. So had 2 I wasn't using, so took 2 and put them in 1 in the living room up and downstairs for my daughters toy box. How many 9 year olds have Korea era OD green US military foot lockers. Outstanding. Then I pulled out my 2 wool, US blankets, got them cleaned, took 2 careful washings to get the mothball smell out of them and get them to be usable. lol. but now have them on the couch as well. Finally getting some use out of all the stuff Ive been collecting over the years. Pretty awesome. If you get yourself a wool blanket, get some woolite detergent, put your washer on the wool or delicate cycle then tumble dry low damp and air dry the rest. per my moms instructions as i had to call and ask, she is the quilter.

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Excellent ideas. Makes use of stuff that might just be sitting unused for years. I'll have to make use of some stocks put away myself.

Ngale496

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Fishers
    Ive made it a point to try to use everything we get, Im not saving it for anyone, Bought it to use. not for the next guy. Being 37 I just missed out on the Great tonic truck era so while i had a couple its nothing like what my parents would have had growing up. So of course being a guy, I am reliving my childhood through my daughter. lol. She had a wicked awesome 1940's through 1960's stamped and cast steel collection that she hauls her legos and stuffed animals on. But hey, she never got into barbie dolls, thank the lord.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I had a military footlocker as a toy chest as a kid. It was black though.

Black lockers matter too. I'm actually drinking my morning coffee under an East German surplus blanket now. Have a couple of those and a couple OD green U.S. blankets around as well.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I've had an old army foot locker since I was a teenager. It's black one tho. I'm not entirely sure where it came from.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I've got a stack of foot lockers...been using them since I was a kid (Howe Military Academy) and in the Army...also got my Dad's from WWII and Korea. They are useful storage devices...I just don't want to live out of one anymore.

Have a stack of the wool blankets too...we use them on the bed in the winter. I have an old Bulgarian wool overcoat that I use as a robe...needs mending again, the wool is much more robust than the thread they used to put it together.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kutnupe14 again

Certainly no offense meant. Thank you for seeing my intent.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yeah, after my time. The only thing cool about the footlockers is you could take them with you.

Last edited:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Footlockers always stayed in the barracks in the USMC.

Lived out of a seabag for a number of years....doing the "Sea Bag Drag"... I have several of the bags.

Don

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Recently got my fathers Navy sea bag from WWII. It has several uniforms in it , some still rolled and tied with fancy knots. They had to do that for inspections at that time.

It is going into a glass topped footlocker for display.

Don

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Ive made it a point to try to use everything we get, Im not saving it for anyone, Bought it to use. not for the next guy. Being 37 I just missed out on the Great tonic truck era so while i had a couple its nothing like what my parents would have had growing up. So of course being a guy, I am reliving my childhood through my daughter. lol. She had a wicked awesome 1940's through 1960's stamped and cast steel collection that she hauls her legos and stuffed animals on. But hey, she never got into barbie dolls, thank the lord.
    Now where did I put that surplus, wooden, flare(?) box..... I think my brother and I used to use it for storing GI Joe stuff which is long gone now. I kept the box all these years for miscellaneous storage. Just thought it was cool with the rope handes.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Um yeah, the Army moved to wall lockers sometime in the 80’s. Nowhere near as cool as footlockers.

The open bay barracks on the main campus at CAJMTC have wall lockers and foot lockers for every man. And the trays better be placed the right way inside when you are being inspected before leaving (oops). BOQ didn't have wall lockers or foot lockers. The barracks at daniels camp are brand new and have the fancy beds with storage underneath, very nice facilities.

I had one when i was younger dont remember what happened to it. I only use wool blankets at home love the feel of them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom