• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    Anyone have a recommendation for scope caps that don’t suck? All I’ve had is the factory ones that came with scopes and they’re flimsy at best.

I was wishing for a set today while sitting in the snow and not seeing coyotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I just bought one of the Vortex neoprene scope covers. So far so good, might have to spring for another size or two?

I've always used the bikini scope covers or factory bungied caps. Flip up caps were always a hassle to me, even revisited lately. I like a cover on or gone.

I have a set of Defenders (E-10, O-44) for sale, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Made in the USA, I like that. Are they worth the money or are the heavier Vortex ones the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say that depends on your uses. If you beat the snot out of your gear dragging it, bumping it, bouncing it around in your trunk then they are probably worth the investment. If not the Vortex are a great option based on reviews (not saying the Vortex wouldn't hold up to abuse as well but I haven't had my hands on them yet). I need a set for my Nightforce SHV and I'll be buying the Vortex Defenders.

Last edited:

Zinga

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Good to hear about the defender. I was going through a Butler Creek cap about every other year on my deer rifle. Will be trying these next.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I need to find one that will replace the Butler Creek on the front of my IR Hunter. Not sure what size it is, but it's big.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    We've gone to the Vortex Defenders as well. Before you know it you'll have them on more than one scope. Too many Butler Creeks broken. Got tired of it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I believe Butler Creek was purchased by Uncle Mike's years ago which is when the quality went to crap. I have three BC caps that have been on scopes for 20 years and still going strong, any of them bought within the last 10 years are garbage.

Top Bottom