Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Holster Experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Just wondering if anyone has any practical experience with the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB Holster? I have seen reviews on Alien Gear before, generally positive reviews and the web site has nothing but glowing reviews which means nothing really...They wouldn't publish something negative...Does anyone have actual experience with this holster? If so what do you feel are pros and cons? Thanks for any input...

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I've got their OWB for an SR9C. It works very well, very comfortable. No complaints. Their magazine pouch is great also. Five stars all around. I would buy it again.

Ive not tried any of their IWB stuff, but I am planning to later this year.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I have that Alien Gear for a full size M&P 9mm. I really like it although I tend to carry my Shield 45 more (N82 IWB) because of the size of the gun. The Alien Gear handles the full size well. It's comfortable. Prints very little for a full size and my physical size.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    G19 in a 2.0 IWB and love it. Just got a 3.0 IWB for a full size H&K and it seems great. Dont have a lot of time with it yet though. Im a big guy so no real problems concealing a full size pistol. Cant beat them for the price.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I've got the 3.0 for a glock 43. Imo, it's decent for the money. Retention is good. Actually better than my 2 crossbreeds.

The alien skin or whatever they call it (front of holster, not the kydex and not the neoprene) has sharp edges. I had to trim mine down past the neoprene because my spare tire was getting rubbed raw by the edge. Once trimmed back further than the neoprene, it was better. It's not "I'm gonna nap in my holster comfy" but it's not bad at all.

It's half the price of a crossbreed which all my other carry pieces ride in.
    If I could do it over, I'd get a crossbreed and be done with it but we are not all made of money, and for the price, the 3.0 does its job with a good value.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a 3.0 for a M&P40c. I absolutely love it. It's the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn. I really like how the belt clips are spaced apart, because it seems to spread the weight of the gun on my belt. It did take a little bit of playing with it to get the right retention feel for me. Once I found what is a comfortable retention level for me, I pulled the screws out and applied a small amount of blue thread locker. When I ordered it, I ignored their recommendation to use their standard plastic belt clips. I opted for the steel clips and it can be a PITA if you need to remove the holster without undoing your pants.
    I highly recommend the Cloak tuck 3.0

Edit - also I am a bigger than average guy so for the most comfort I wear it just behind the seam that runs down the side of my jeans

Last edited:

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    When I settled on a xds45 for my permanent EDC I spent $200 on a high noon holsters "double jeopardy" . I wanted so bad to love it, and tried for several months. Could never wear it longer than just a few hours without it hurting. I spent like $30 on impulse on an alien gear cloak tuck in a whim, and the double jeopardy hasn't left the drawer since. I don't know what it is about the alien gear, but it is absolutely comfortable all day long. Comes with extra hardware, is easily adjustable and looks like new after a year of almost daily wear. Can't go wrong for the price imo.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I carry my Commander 1911 in a AG CT 3.0. It carries very well. High and tight. I heated the shell and formed the "wings" , the flat sides, to fit my waist and it is super comfortable and concealable.

I'm 5'6'' 150lb and I dont wear oversized shirts that make me look like an idiot who cant find a shirt that fits. I can conceal my 1911 and two spare mags with a medium sized t shirt and pants.

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    I have a cloak and a couple of shells, a 1911 and a subcompact Taurus. It is a good value and very comfortable, but I can’t re holster one handed, it is kinda awkward to reach over with my left to help start the reholster on the right. So my cloak sits in a drawer.

I have gone to full wrap kidex ( I love both my Dara and Dale Fricke). Just as comfortable and better reholster.

YoungBlood21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Greenfield
    I have worn mine now for just over 2 years and can't complain. I carry and xds in mine. When I first got it as someone else stated earlier there was a small amount of one of the fabrics that I had to trim back just a touch because it was rubbing me raw. Once I did that it has been smooth sailing ever since. The only real con I can see with it is that it would be nice if it could ride a little deeper into concealment. But with that said it conceals well with just about anything I wear.

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    I have stealth gear and buddy has alien gear . Absolutely can't go wrong with either of these products. Once you put one on you can't believe the comfort.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My humble opinion after owning two Alien Gear Cloak Tuck IWB's:

1. Comfort - excellent
    2. Firearm retention - average
    3. Customer service - terrible, awful and horrible beyond description
    4. Advantages - can be used with multiple firearms. Very handy feature.
    5. Issues - just one. Screws on the belt hooks require monitoring and frequent adjustment.

Top Bottom