• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    While the movement is neat, its not necessary. You can do everything with a dead trigger. Majority of drills are going to incorporate a reload so the dryfiremag would have limited use.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Never heard of it but seems pretty expensive for something that's not needed. The bad side to it that I see is what do you do when your gun goes click and not bang? Tap, rack, and get your gun back into the fight not keep pulling the trigger. May seem silly to some, but you train the way you work so you work the way you train. If you want to press the trigger without cycling the slide, you can slip a zip tie in between the breach face and the back of the barrel to keep the gun slightly out of battery. Won't trip the striker, but you can still get the trigger press and see how that effects you sights etc. Seems like an expensive solution to something that's not a problem.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I have one that someone bought for me as a gift after hearing me compare dry fire training with my Berettas compared to my Glocks. As noted above, it DOES have some limited utility, but I don’t find it useless. If you’re practicing drills involving transitions, or you’re working to reduce the time from the beep to first shot, it can be useful and nice not having to reset the trigger EVERY draw. If your shot timer can detect dry fire, or you’re using a Mantis I suppose you could gather data on all your splits with it, and it may be useful for a new shooter to learn the trigger.

Honestly, it’s an expensive widget that does a few things well, but if you don’t NEED one for those specific things, I probably wouldn’t buy one myself. I use it because I have it and it has helped with some things, but I wouldn’t rush to get one. Now that I’m transitioning to DA/SA stuff, it’s not quite as useful. That being said, I got the spring kit with mine and could tune it to have as close to my actual break as possible and then use it to re-acclimate myself to the Glock trigger while running full stages (I use a Ben Stoeger mini target set I also got as a gift).

Short version: tuh-may-tow, tuh-mah-tow. ;)

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It does reset the trigger but it doesn't duplicate the trigger pull in the pistol.. Don't find it useful personally.. I probably should put it in the classies and see if someone else wants to play with it.

I might be interested. How different is the trigger pull? I know that's pretty subjective.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I might be interested. How different is the trigger pull? I know that's pretty subjective.

There’s no true “break” of the trigger. Instead, there’s a tab on top of the mag that’s a kind of clicker, so you’re tripping that tab rather than actually dropping the striker. You can mimic the weight of your trigger using the spring kit they sell, but that actual break in your gun will feel different from what the mag does. It’s close enough IMO for several uses, and I honestly don’t think you need the EXACT same trigger feel to benefit from its use when applied correctly. But it’s true that it will not be an exactly replicated trigger pull.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There’s no true “break” of the trigger. Instead, there’s a tab on top of the mag that’s a kind of clicker, so you’re tripping that tab rather than actually dropping the striker. You can mimic the weight of your trigger using the spring kit they sell, but that actual break in your gun will feel different from what the mag does. It’s close enough IMO for several uses, and I honestly don’t think you need the EXACT same trigger feel to benefit from its use when applied correctly. But it’s true that it will not be an exactly replicated trigger pull.

I get what you're saying. That's a good description. Thanks.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have one, and I like it. It’s not the same as the Glock trigger pull, but it’s fairly close. If you want to work on getting grip pressure dialed in, feeling the trigger break, etc. then it’s just fine for that. I am looking into the Mantis system as a replacement for my dry fire time, though.

Top Bottom