• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    Well I consider myself a novice leather worker being self taught and You Tube. I make lots of mistakes. My son in law brought a friend by one day and he asked if I could make a cowboy rig for his 6" S&W 686. I agreed and asked for a donation for material and to expect imperfections. Well after hours of work I finished it and when the "person" came by said it was not what he wanted and left. I thought I would share with you all. The thing is its a 42 inch waist and I do not have a 6" L frame.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Did he say what the problem was? Looks like quality work, but I’ve never seen a cowboy rig with the holster up high on the belt like that.

Dick move and waste of your time regardless.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Might do that. He did not give a reason. I know its not perfect, he gave me some cash (25) for material but thats OK

Glad he at least gave you something. Interesting that he couldn't communicate anything on the like or dislike. He could have at least done that to give some ideas and maybe get closer to his interest in a future potential project.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Lesson learned: always establish clear and complete expectations before starting work when doing commission work with customers. Had something not dissimilar with a then-friend a few years ago. he was a car guy of the buy-break-sell variety that wanted me to bring his car to school to work on. Long story short, it was so rusty and messed up it snowballed into a huge mess and he balked at the idea of buying any parts much less the idea of my time and the schools facility. We didn't talk about money up front because it started out as a quick and easy job and escalated bit by bit rather than one big mess it ended up being.

Top Bottom