• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I saw a vx-1 on sale today for 159.99 after coupon. Looking at something for my .308 for deer season but would like it as accurate as possible. I could get a used Nikon cheap from a friend but have also read about vortex. WhT is the best scope for 200 bucks to achieve the accurate groups?

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Nikon's are a great value. I have been very happy with my Rimfire Prostaff. As an alternative take a look at the new Leupold VX Freedom. You can pick one up new in your price range. I have the 3-9 x 40 with the Tri MOA reticle. Great clarity and eye relief and it is light weight. It holds zero and I have shot .5 moa 100 yards a few times. My only ding and it is minor is it didn't come with lens caps. I picked up some rubber bikini covers for $8 so no biggie.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I was very happy with my first Vortex Diamondback Rimfire for my 10/22. I looked at the other two you mention but ended up buying another Vortex Diamondback for my RAR 300Blk.
    Warranty, price, etc. Hard to beat.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Vortex and Sightron are pretty well the industry leaders in this price bracket.

Personally, if I have Vortex Diamondback money, I am searching for deals on scopes in the next price bracket though. Seems like lots of Weaver LOW Japan glass has been selling for extremely cheap recently.

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I would recommend saving $50 bucks more and check in to the diamondback HP 3-12 (parallax adjustable) or diamondback tactical 4-12. 12 power is just enough for good precision work with a 308 in Indiana.
    For deer you want lower magnification. I can still shoot at pretty much whatever distance I want with the 3 and then crank up to 12 if I have time. With the bdc or VMR1 you can hold over if you are shooting 400-600 ish easy. After that it is trickier...but for me my scope was on 3 power most of last deer season. The one deer I did shoot I might have killed it by dropping my rifle on it just the same as a 165 grain. nosler.

Top Bottom