• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Just ordered some stuff from High Speed Gear. Picked up a Laser Slim Grip padded belt, Cobra IDR Rigger Belt, two rifle Taco pouches, a double Taco pistol pouch, and a Bleeder/Blowout pouch. A little salty, but was recommended by someone a I trust.

I'm taking a tactical rifle class in the next couple of months, and wanted a better way to carry extra mags versus my pockets, and didn't want to go all with a chest rig.

Anyone have experience with HSGI products?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have their Cobra riggers belt + padded battle belt & they worked great during a recent ~5 mile run-n-gun. I carried 80 rnds of 9mm (in 4 mags) + a Canik TP9 SFx + 120 rnds of 5.56mm (in 6 mags) during the run + a Maxpedition pouch with extra ammo + a Maxpedition mini-rollie pouch. Carrying this weight on your hips is much easier than a backpack.

I also have the HSGI mesh dump pouch. Nice but a bit too wide to keep it mounted on my battle belt.

I did not, however, go with their taco mag pouches. They seem to collapse more than my G-Code Scorpion soft shell pouches. One handed mag stashing is much easier with the G-Codes imo.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Thanks for the feedback.

I definitely want too get more mag pouches, but thought I'd see how I like the Tacos before going too crazy. I'll check out the G-Codes too.

Top Bottom