• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    The title pretty much sums it up. My SuperBio belt is my everyday belt. And it works great for everyday carry. I am so please that every time holsters or carrying comes up, I remind people that your belt is your foundation and you will have a hard time finding anything better than a SuperBio Belt. I am very pleased with mine.

But is it enough for competition? I will be watching my 1st USPSA match on Sunday and I am getting my gear organized to join the next match. I have a good holster and 2 double mag pouches now. I have a decent pistol with plenty of mags. I would think the SuperBio would work just fine, but I hoping someone here may have some experience with actually using one in competition.

For me, it's not about being competitive. At least...not yet. My goal at first is to make sure I follow all the safety rules and don't get disqualified. I could end up in last place and I don't care. I enjoy shooting and this gives me a chance to do that with some challenge mixed in. I guess I mentioned this because I am not a super-gamer and not worried about hundredth of a second savings on reloads and super-gamer things at this time. That is why I am wondering if my SuperBio will work for now.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    No reason it should not work, it will just be a pain to add the mag carriers and holsters having to attach them to the belt and deal with all the belt loops (I personally am too lazy for that)

https://www.doublealpha.biz/daa-premium-belt

This is the belt I use for USPSA makes life allot easier just tear the outer belt with all your gear on it from the inner velcro belt and you are done super easy (that and I will actually wear the inner velcro belt just because its super comfortable as a casual belt as well.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've used mine in IDPA. As long as you holster and mag pouches fit correctly, I see no problems.

Granted I've only done a few matches but the belt works great for me.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    No reason it should not work, it will just be a pain to add the mag carriers and holsters having to attach them to the belt and deal with all the belt loops (I personally am too lazy for that)

https://www.doublealpha.biz/daa-premium-belt

This is the belt I use for USPSA makes life allot easier just tear the outer belt with all your gear on it from the inner velcro belt and you are done super easy (that and I will actually wear the inner velcro belt just because its super comfortable as a casual belt as well.

Thanks for the input. I did not want to spend a lot. At first, the competition belts I was finding were $100 and up, and I was not sure if they offered any real benefit.

After your comment, I also saw this video. It seems to me he made some valid points. Especially about how gear can move around even with a traditional gun belt.....like between the belt loops on the pants.

[video=youtube;YaQzsEz72iA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaQzsEz72iA[/video]

So after all the information, I looked to see if there was a more affordable option.

I ended up purchasing a MidwayUSA Stage 1 competition belt yesterday...With shipping the total out the door is $29. It has lots of good reviews and with the price that low, I thought I would give it a try. If I don't like it, I don't have a ton of money invested in it. I could always go back to my SuperBio.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939136491/midwayusa-stage-1-competition-belt

Edited to add: I thought the MidwayUSA might be a trustworthy option as I have a MidwayUSA range bag I got 8 or so years ago on a super sale for $40-$50. As far as I can tell, it was made by 5.11. They call it the range ready bag. It seem Midway doesn't offer this one anymore. But I have beat it up pretty good and it doesn't even show that much wear.

I am really pleased with the range bag and I was hoping they have similar situation / quality in this belt as well.....ie.....they hire a good / quality manufacture to make something with their name on it.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My dad and I both use the Midway competition belts. They are fine for the casual competitor.

Your super bio belt or an instructors belt or a good leather gun belt would have been fine as well.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I posted this on the USPSA thread, but I wanted others to see the "just DO IT" part.

I wanted to thank Ryan and everyone else who put up with me as an observer today. I had a wonderful time! And I don't think we could have asked for a better weather day in March. It was awesome.

I really appreciated how everyone was so welcoming and did not mind me peppering them with questions. This is a good group of people to be around. I am pumped and looking forward to my gear showing up so I can actually shoot at the next match.

If I had 3 thumbs, they would all be up!

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

For those who are just thinking about trying out a competition, I say.....just DO IT. You don't have to be a Jerry Miculek type of shooter. Average guys (like me) are welcomed and can have safe fun too.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have a cheap version of the Double Alpha Acedemy. Meh. I lost the Belt security loop somewhere after the Atterbury pop up target shoot.

I think I'll just use my HGSI battle belt next time.

Top Bottom