• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a Crimson Trace Rail Master pro (206) light laser (red) on my bedside gen 3 G-22, so when I got my wife a gen 3 G-17, for her side, I thought a Crimson Trace (201) red mlasre only would be nice. I see them advertised for around $100-$150 ea,
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crimson-Tr...398822&hash=item467538905d:g:E~UAAOSw2LZaaM92

and I was going to get her one, when I came across this,
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-...var=511158878836&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

$15 ea.

I know, the real thing Crimson Trace? or Shanghai copy?
    Yes these are probably for Airsoft fans,
    Yes her life is worth more than $15
    Yep it probably will blow up first mag.............

But, it looks just like a CT, feels like a CT (non marked), works like a CT (for now) and before the critics chime in, Crimson Trace had a US Patent on their products expire in 2015, and china makes copies of everything don't they (busy little buggers)..so ATTENTION Wal Mart Shoppers maybe this thing does work.
    What the hey, I am the only thing my wife is going to shoot someday anyway.....so to the range it goes this Thursday, so lets see what happens.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What the hey, I am the only thing my wife is going to shoot someday anyway.....so to the range it goes this Thursday, so lets see what happens.
    The race to zero is proud of you! If that’s what you think will happen, you’ve spent your money well! You’ll probably survive unscathed. Hopefully your wife never has to use it against someone besides you!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Don't worry I showed it to her and she said, "I don't want that", smart girl, but....I put it on a 3 Gen G-22, so I can play with it tomorrow, then decide what to do with it, maybe a summer cabin toy for the Michigan woods, thanks shooter-six, I will check out the sale CT is having, they are a good company, any way tomorrow a mag of .40 or two should help decide its fate.
    Like I said I was looking for a CT 201 and found a copy to play with.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I clicked the link. I am looking for a cheap laser to put on a blue gun. Basically a joke, use it as a laser pointer in my office to screw with a couple of the sales guys. Obviously not something I want to mess with very much. But I really don’t want to give my credit card to some Chinese company on eBay. OP when you are done playing with that cheap laser drop me a line and I will buy it from you.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I clicked the link. I am looking for a cheap laser to put on a blue gun. Basically a joke, use it as a laser pointer in my office to screw with a couple of the sales guys. Obviously not something I want to mess with very much. But I really don’t want to give my credit card to some Chinese company on eBay. OP when you are done playing with that cheap laser drop me a line and I will buy it from you.
    Now there is a use for a POS laser, Blue Gun practice! But 7-25 working days for shipment and a 30day warranty from purchase, and if you don’t receive your item within 60days!!! Nah, I’m good!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Now I see Vigilant that Crimson Trace is giving them (CMR-201 red laser) away, maybe the knock offs are killing their business, will shoot mine this afternoon and see.

ANYWAY

From Crimson Trace website

From March 1, 2018 through April 30, 2018 - purchase a Crimson Trace® laser sight* and receive a FREE CMR-201 Rail Master® Universal Red Laser Sight. The CMR-201 is a powerful red laser sighting solution for rail-equipped pistols, rifles or shotguns and is one of our most popular models. Whether you choose to buy through our website, a Local Authorized Dealer, or one of our Featured Online Retailers - this is the time to outfit your firearms with the ultimate sighting solution. See below for additional information.

* Free Rail Master limited to model CMR-201 (red laser) only. Limit (1) per product. Other rules and restrictions may apply.

Redemption Process
    Valid submissions must include ALL of of the following materials:

> One (1) Completed rebate form (available via download below).

> One (1) original store receipt dated March 1, 2018 through April 30, 2018. Circle Crimson Trace purchase.

> One (1) original UPC code removed from Crimson Trace packaging.

Mail To:
    Crimson Trace Corporation
    9780 SW Freeman Drive
    Wilsonville, OR 97070

> Please retail a copy of redemption form for your records.

> Contact (800) 442-2406 for assistance.

Terms & Conditions
    Valid only on Crimson Trace® purchases made between March 1, 2018 and April 30, 2018. Redemption submissions must be postmarked by May 31, 2018. Excludes factory pre-installed OEM products, Tactical Weapon Light Series, and CMR-208 Universal Tactical Light. Offer void where prohibited, licensed, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Duplicated submissions and copies of cash register receipts are strictly prohibited. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under US Mail fraud statutes (18USC Sections 1341 and 1342). Requests from clubs, groups and organizations will not be honored. Please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of CMR-201. Not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail. No cash value. ©2018

P.S, VERT "IF" it fails today it's YOURS, I will gladly give it to you, and the four 1/3N batteries I bought on Amazon cause the Chinese flea bay ad said "Battery NOT included" of course it was in there separate in the box.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK VIG, sorry Vert, lasted EIGHT rounds of .40 165 FMJ.
    Put it on the X and fired two shots way low left, adjusted, same results shots three and four.
    Same area, adjusted again shots five and six low right.
    Adjusted, fired shots seven and eight, that's was it, no more red laser..

I got what I paid for....POS "C".

Now I don't mind the $15 loss, the four extra 1/3 N batteries I got off Amazon Prime for$10 thatI won't need burns me.

Oh well.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am very disappointed. I could have used that as a laser pointer for the 65 inch computer monitor in my office.

Good news is now you have an excuse to buy an AimPoint Pro. I believe those use the 1/3n batteries.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    OK VIG, sorry Vert, lasted EIGHT rounds of .40 165 FMJ.
    Put it on the X and fired two shots way low left, adjusted, same results shots three and four.
    Same area, adjusted again shots five and six low right.
    Adjusted, fired shots seven and eight, that's was it, no more red laser..

I got what I paid for....POS "C".

Now I don't mind the $15 loss, the four extra 1/3 N batteries I got off Amazon Prime for$10 thatI won't need burns me.

Oh well.
    Just a shade over a dollar a round!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Wait.... There's more, I got home from the range to remove the laser housing and trash it when I see what happened the battery cover plate must have blown off, cause it and the "battery not included" battery are GONE!
    Go figure
    so lane six at the range on the floor maybe just maybe my missing pieces???

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ha,ha off today so taking the wife's new Gen 3 Glock -17 out for a workout.
    Yes a piece the size of a thumbnail won't be easy to find after a sweep up, but you never know.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wait.... There's more, I got home from the range to remove the laser housing and trash it when I see what happened the battery cover plate must have blown off, cause it and the "battery not included" battery are GONE!
    Go figure
    so lane six at the range on the floor maybe just maybe my missing pieces???
    So it probably still works, just had no juice? A couple of wraps of duct tape ‘ll fix that right up!

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    No Ductape the bottom fell out after Six shots and I didn't notice at the range, I thought it was and is what it was a cheap imitation .
    On shot#8 it was lights out as the battery door lid on the bottom came off and the battery went bombs-away.
    Iwent back to the range when it opened, back to the same bay I used but all had been swept up.

I got to shoot my wife's new G17, though.

Again moral of the story....
    You get what you pay for.

In all fairness my Crimson Trace CMR-206 red laser light combo is good to go.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    UPDATE: spare parts arrived from the PRC, I installed them and the sight is good to go, but other than maybe an Upper Michigan fun shoot someday, however, the " crimson trace chop-seuy" will never seriously get onto one of my Glocks again.

Now where did I put that roll of duct-tape?!?:dunno:

Top Bottom