• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Did I put this in the wrong place?

Bought a Glock 26 that comes with 10-round mags x3.
    I want one 12 round.
    Didn't want the Magpul b/c of reading of some "pinching."
    And, I was warned away from the plastic mags.

But, if I'm going to get a 12 round mag, I want the manufacturer's mag: Glock, b/c I would think that would be the best, which means you have to pay double or the equivalent of a box of 9mm ammo.

When I went order it, I couldn't get it to process.
    Evidently, it is regulated and must be delivered to an FFL? Really? I wonder how much that costs?
    Can I buy one a Cabelas?

Recommendations for this newb?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Why not buy an XGrip adaptor and use a Glock 19 mag in it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Grip-Ada...013897&hash=item4d3e4a936b:g:3EoAAOSwGotWjg4~

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

GlocKnuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2018
    Charleston
    Did I put this in the wrong place?

I want one 12 round.

But, if I'm going to get a 12 round mag, I want the manufacturer's mag: Glock, b/c I would think that would be the best, which means you have to pay double or the equivalent of a box of 9mm ammo.

When I went order it, I couldn't get it to process.
    Evidently, it is regulated and must be delivered to an FFL? Really? I wonder how much that costs?
    Can I buy one a Cabelas?

Recommendations for this newb?
    Where do you live? I'm in the liberal hell called Illinois and I have zero trouble ordering 12 rd mags for my 26.
    Not sure where you heard of pinching, but I have several of the Magpul 12 rounders and have shot about 1000 rounds using them with nary an issue. No pinching and never a feeding or ejecting problem either.
    Check out MidwayUSA.com. They sell the Magpul mags for cheap & you'll likely find oem mags as cheap as anywhere else.
    Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Where do you live? I'm in the liberal hell called Illinois and I have zero trouble ordering 12 rd mags for my 26.
    Not sure where you heard of pinching, but I have several of the Magpul 12 rounders and have shot about 1000 rounds using them with nary an issue. No pinching and never a feeding or ejecting problem either.
    Check out MidwayUSA.com. They sell the Magpul mags for cheap & you'll likely find oem mags as cheap as anywhere else.
    Good luck!

1. I'm in Indy.
    2. I went to Midway and looked and they are out of both Glock's and Magpul's 12 rounders right now.
    3. They were taking back orders so I might go try it out and see if they take my order, or maybe I'll be put on the "notify" list instead so they don't charge my credit card before they receive, stock and ship them.
    4. I am going to get the Glock, but maybe I'll order one of each just for fun, then I can do a review in a year about how the one with the plastic is inferior or both are the same.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Why not buy an XGrip adaptor and use a Glock 19 mag in it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Grip-Ada...013897&hash=item4d3e4a936b:g:3EoAAOSwGotWjg4~

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

1. Lack of knowledge and experience: know nothing about the Glocks. :dunno:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Consider a Pearce extension for one of the 10 round mags. $10 at your LGS and chances are they'll put it on for you. I have one for my G26 for OWB, go with the 10 round mag for IWB. For spare mag(s) you can go with 15 or 17 rounds.

GlocKnuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2018
    Charleston
    Those are great for range day, but not practical for carry unless you're WAY more skinny than I am. Lol

Here's a Pearce +2, a both a G19 & G17 mag each with the appropriate sleeves.
    Part of the reason I bought the G26 as my first handgun is that you can easily dress it up as it's bigger cousins.

GlocKnuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2018
    Charleston
    Y u no attach pic....
    4e8eea8d9472dd12c2c2a4c3fea53b1f.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I think you will find that when you get a 12 round mag in a 26 the grip will be near the same length as a 19.. Use the x grip extension with a 19 mag, no pinch and 16 in the pistol if you like.. If you want reliable it's hard to beat Glock mags.

1. I just ordered (back-ordered) a Glock 12 rounder and the Magpul 12 rounder both just from Midway as was recommended by GlocKnuckle.
    2. I would have just ordered the Glock but I thought I'd have the fun of the education of which is best, but I'll probably not shoot mine enough to be able to put enough wear on the Magpul to see when the plastic starts to wear. :laugh:

You can pick one up at Point Blank.

3. Great, that means I wasted my time waiting while I wait for Midway to get them in. :wallbash:
    4. I hope the price is not the same or I'll
    reallybewacked out. I'll call tomorrow and ask just to torture myself.
    5. I paid $32/Glock and $15/Magpul = $47 + $5 shipping. Total $52.

Those are great for range day, but not practical for carry unless you're WAY more skinny than I am. Lol

Consider a Pearce extension for one of the 10 round mags. $10 at your LGS and chances are they'll put it on for you. I have one for my G26 for OWB, go with the 10 round mag for IWB. For spare mag(s) you can go with 15 or 17 rounds.

6. Since I have 3 mags, I will do that to one of them.

Part of the reason I bought the G26 as my first handgun is that you can easily dress it up as it's bigger cousins.

7. I'd have to see that b/c I don't "need" to have a larger mag.
    Having a 10 round mag is enough for me.
    I'm really only interested in the extension for the better "purchase."
    I put that word in quotes b/c I've never used it before, hopefully, I used it in the right context: grip! :lmfao:

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I want one 12 round.
    I just got a Gen 5 26. I had a bunch of Glock parts that I had gotten but never used for the 23/27 I had, which included a pinky extension floorplate (7151) and insert (7165). I had watched some videos on getting the floorplate off with C-clamp, channel locks, etc. but there was no way mine was coming off without deforming the metal or busting the seam IMHO so I ended up just sort of prying it off with some small flat screwdrivers. Why did they put those locking tabs on the side??? Anyway, my modded one works fine.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I want one 12 round.

Warned to stay away from the "plastic" mags!?!? Huh?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Warned to stay away from the "plastic" mags!?!? Huh?[/QUOTE]

1. I know nothing about it; have no dog in the fight, but I read online about wearing on a certain part in the Magpul mag (where it feeds, I think), and someone who owns a Glock warned me about the plastic mags: perhaps they weren't the Magpul, and I don't think they were b/c now that I think about it he recommended the Magpul b/c of the less expense.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Y u no attach pic....
    Y u no attach pic....
    4e8eea8d9472dd12c2c2a4c3fea53b1f.jpg

What am I looking at in the 3 mags from left to right?
    I assume one is a 10 rounder with a ? on it, and another the 12 rounder or the Pierce thing being discussed, and on the gun: ??

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    What am I looking at in the 3 mags from left to right?
    I assume one is a 10 rounder with a ? on it, and another the 12 rounder or the Pierce thing being discussed, and on the gun: ??
    He said on the prior post to this:
    So Pearce (on a 26 mag) is in the gun with 19 (L) and 17 (R) mags with XGrip sleeves for comparison.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you find the mag you want locally, call MidwayUSA...they are good about canceling a backorder.

1. Thanks soooo much for that; I just ASS UMED that they would just laugh at me.
    2. I'll call them 8:05 am in the am.
    3. Been on the email all evening trying to coordinate selling my Bearcat and Nano: questions and offers, and when they learn I don't need to come off my price b/c I'm old, though I will come down next month (a little), so if it still available.........

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    He said on the prior post to this:

So Pearce (on a 26 mag) is in the gun with 19 (L) and 17 (R) mags with XGrip sleeves for comparison.

1. I don't know what all those number references mean. :dunno:
    2. "26 mag": just the regular 10 rounder with a Pearce extension, which I read converts the factory model 26 magazine to thirteen round capacity.
    3. I didn't know that and had to look it up. :coffee:

3. I don't know the significance of "with 19" (L) and 17 (R)": are those numbers gun models or magazine capacities (sorry, I know barely anything about Glocks or large magazines. I think they are magazines for the Glock 19 and Glock 17 which must have different capacities: too tired to look up! :fogey:
    And, L and R ??? You must mean just the two mags out of the gun and not including the whole picture.
    4. I could google it all night but I'm sooooo tired: been typing all evening b/c of selling 2 guns. (and researching and ordering magazines) :laugh:

Top Bottom