• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    I ordered a 7395 holster and molly clip for my Glock 20 from Safariland on March 5. When I ordered, there was a note under the holster description that said it could take two weeks for them to make the holster. The molle clip shipped the day after I ordered. After waiting 2 weeks, I still hadn't received a shipping notification, so I called Safariland customer service; this was on March 20th. The customer service rep told me the holster was due to ship the next day, 3/21. Fantastic!

No shipping notification on 3/21, so I called on the 23rd to see what was up. The service rep told me that it had been delayed 1 week from the 21st, and was due to ship on 3/28. The 28th and 29th go by without a shipping notification, so I called them yesterday, 3/30. This rep told me that it had been put on a 9 day delay, and should be shipped next week some time.

Now, I'm not a patient person, but have been getting better as I age. I don't need this holster right way, but would like to have it for a class I plan to take in April. Having said that, I could get by without it.

Anyway, after the rep told me it was on a 9 day delay, I had to stop her so I could explain everything I just explained above. After explaining it, I just asked her straight up "What it going on?" She kind of sighed and explained that they are moving their plant from California to Florida. Well holy cow, that explains a lot. I have worked through the receiving end of a plant move, and it can be a mess. Lost/damaged equipment, loss of tribal knowledge from employees who can't/don't want to move, etc., not to mention the logistics of getting everything set back up.

So the good is, a firearm related business has decided to pull out of California, but the bad is that it could be some time before I get my holster.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Agreed, and I'm not super worried about the holster, it would just be nice to have it in time to train with it. I looked at other retailers, but couldn't find the exact model that I want. It is their low ride 7TS type for a Glock 20/21 with a Surefire X300U light. I'll keep looking though.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the day after I ordered it they had a 20% (maybe even 25%) off sale. Figures.

Overall though, I'm just glad to see a firearm company denying an anti-2A state like California their tax revenue.
    :rockwoot:That is GREAT News! :rockwoot:

Oh and sorry about your holster.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Agreed, and I'm not super worried about the holster, it would just be nice to have it in time to train with it. I looked at other retailers, but couldn't find the exact model that I want. It is their low ride 7TS type for a Glock 20/21 with a Surefire X300U light. I'll keep looking though.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the day after I ordered it they had a 20% (maybe even 25%) off sale. Figures.

Overall though, I'm just glad to see a firearm company denying an anti-2A state like California their tax revenue.

I just ordered one using their 25% sale. :D It made it just a little cheaper than Midway but not quite as cheap as Optics Planet.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Oh, I forgot to mention that the day after I ordered it they had a 20% (maybe even 25%) off sale...

When that happens to me, I call the company and politely ask if they will apply the discount to my order. If not, I cancel the order and re-order using the discount.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

When that happens to me, I call the company and politely ask if they will apply the discount to my order. If not, I cancel the order and re-order using the discount.

Agreed, they should apply the discount, especially if they have not shipped your order. I'd call them back and ask for the discount, or cancel and reorder with the discount.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

https://www.copquest.com/safariland-7ts-7395-als-level-1-low-ride-duty-holster_23-1520.htm

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Well, after waiting 10 days for the 9 day delay to pass, I still hadn't received a shipping notification so I called customer service again. The nice lady I spoke to checked on my order and told me it would ship on the 16th. I politely told her that it was nothing against her, but I didn't believe it. She assured me that it would ship on April 16th.

After still not receiving the shipping notification yesterday, I called their customer service today and immediately got a message saying that their CS team was unavailable due to a mandatory company meeting, and to call back in an hour. Uh, ok. So I give it another 30 minutes, because I didn't know when their hour started, call back and get the same message. I was at work so I waited until driving home to call back. This time, after about three minutes on hold, I got a message saying that all of their reps were busy and it gave the option to leave a message, so I just hung up. I tried back about twenty minutes later and was on hold for over ten minutes before getting the all reps are busy message, and hung up again.

I have to say that after calling the first time today, I decided I was just going to cancel the order with Safariland and place an order for an older model holster (6395) for the same setup from Optics Planet, which I did. The exercise of calling Safariland was really just to cancel the order, but I'm really curious to see what they would tell me this time about shipping out the order (prior to me canceling it).

I'm going to try them again tomorrow, but I hope they aren't in some kind of distress and I'm just reading too much into the weirdness with their CS folks.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow. Sometimes it just seems like we fall into one of spirals that just never ends. As I stated above, I ordered one from Safariland and it came quickly and with no problems.

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Well the saga is over. I was going to call and cancel my order with Safariland after ordering the 6395 model from Optics Planet. Since so much time had passed without Safariland shipping my order, I figured I'd just wait until I had verification that the Optics Planet order had shipped before calling to cancel the 7395 with Safariland. Turns out I waited one day too late, and received shipping notification from Safariland for the original order.

I received both orders yesterday, so now I have a 6395 and 7395. I really like them both, so now have to decide which one I want to use.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Well the saga is over. I was going to call and cancel my order with Safariland after ordering the 6395 model from Optics Planet. Since so much time had passed without Safariland shipping my order, I figured I'd just wait until I had verification that the Optics Planet order had shipped before calling to cancel the 7395 with Safariland. Turns out I waited one day too late, and received shipping notification from Safariland for the original order.

I received both orders yesterday, so now I have a 6395 and 7395. I really like them both, so now have to decide which one I want to use.

Unreal!
    I really hate Murphy.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Safariland, at one time, was just about the only holster company around. In fact, they made many leather holsters lined with the "orothopedic elk" suede type lining which seemed to minimize holster wear on the firearm. I'm glad they're moving, but they are not the same company they were. They, like many other companies, have caved to the plastic/polymer/kydex way of thinking. There is nothing wrong with that, however, at times one prefers a leather holster. Fortunately, there are many companies now to take up the slack.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom