• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I recently got a chance to finger a Glock 43 that was owned by a friend of mine and decided that it may be just what I was looking for as my new EDC. Previously I had been switching back and forth between a 380 and a larger 9mm as my EDC but never quite happy with either one for what I was wanting.

After waiting and waiting one poped up on INGO in my price range and I snatched it up. It came with Pearson +1 plates but they still did not fit my hands right and smashed my fingers together so I started the hunt for a +2 extension.

Okay so I will be the first to admit that my gun budget doesn't match my gun wants so I am always looking for a way to get more bang for my buck!

I looked at Taran Tactical and they were $34.99 each plus shipping and handling. Hyve Technologies wanted 21.99 plus shipping and handling for theirs and non of these included a new mag spring for the increased length of the additional 2 rounds.

Me being cheep and not able to justify the costs I then went to Ebay to see what I could find and came across these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-M...var=502055703511&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

So I ordered two of them. They came with free shipping and no sales tax and arrived at my door in right at two weeks for the grand price of $22.54 for both ($11.27 each) with the currency exchange rate.

upon unboxing them I was impressed with the fit and finish.
    IMG_20180322_063709869_zpswqse0btk.jpg

IMG_20180322_063738957_zps9sz5vicc.jpg

IMG_20180322_063721921_zpswzhxcm1k.jpg

IMG_20180322_063803484_zpsobrwpxnm.jpg

IMG_20180322_064429432_zpsfldbut8x.jpg

The install went smoothly and the fit was nice and tight. The extensions locked in very well even before the keeper pin was installed. I then proceeded to head to the range and check them out for function. I went through 150 round without a single hick-up and the 43 fits my hand a LOT better than it did before.

So in conclusion if you are on a TIGHT budget and wanting to improve your Glock 43 these may be the extensions for you.

In closing I will be honest I had a Glock 17 and SWORE I would never own another Glock but here I am......with another Glock. I had a Glock 17 and just really did not like it...sorry they are ugly and it is like sighting down a 2"X4". That being said the single stack 43 is not as bad, not as ugly, and really did fit the bill for me here. I am not one to "Bling" up a gun but something had to be done with the Glock so she got some red lipstick just to make her feel a bit more sexy.

IMG_20180322_063838308_zpsf6fnjdzy.jpg

IMG_20180322_063825107_zpseazdlz6l.jpg

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    From Shenzen China to your door in 2 weeks ain't bad I guess. All lipstick-on-a-pig jokes aside lol, the Strike Industries +2 extensions ($12ea) on my 43 tremendously aids proper grip...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I looked at Taran Tactical and they were $34.99 each plus shipping and handling....non of these included a new mag spring for the increased length of the additional 2 rounds....

FWIW...the Taran Tactical G43 +2 and +3 base pads do come with 10% stronger springs as noted on their product page.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have Taran Tact’s on my 43 mags and I will say I would trust them with my life. I’ve had them for years and spent almost 1000 rounds through them. No flaws, pure function.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have Taran Tact’s on my 43 mags and I will say I would trust them with my life. I’ve had them for years and spent almost 1000 rounds through them. No flaws, pure function.

Soooooooo I never thought a simple review would cause such butt hurt on the site trying to justify their purchase. This was in no way intended to say that someone else's choice was wrong. It was a simple review about what I ordered, received, and my experience. If for some reason you feel that it is attacking your choices it is not. It is simple me posting on my choice and my satisfaction with it. Some may find it useful and that is why I shared it. If you want Taran awesome glad you like them, if you want Spike Industry awesome!

This was the choice I made and thought I would share, that's it that's all please don't read anything more into my review than what is there.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    Soooooooo I never thought a simple review would cause such butt hurt on the site trying to justify their purchase. This was in no way intended to say that someone else's choice was wrong. It was a simple review about what I ordered, received, and my experience. If for some reason you feel that it is attacking your choices it is not. It is simple me posting on my choice and my satisfaction with it. Some may find it useful and that is why I shared it. If you want Taran awesome glad you like them, if you want Spike Industry awesome!

This was the choice I made and thought I would share, that's it that's all please don't read anything more into my review than what is there.

I was giving my views views on the Tarans is all. You did an excellent review and we appreciate feedback on new products. I meant no disrespect nor to condone on any post. Thank you for sharing your new find and trust me, just because it doesn’t have name brand doesn’t mean it doesn’t work. I have plenty of toys and gadgets with off names.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I guess I'll also clarify my post in this thread. I was just mentioning the g43 extensions that work for me as well. I wasn't disparaging your choice either, just simply having a conversation. Im not sensing negativity from anyone in this thread quite frankly. People discussing which ones they use.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I don't have an issue with you wanting to save money or what brand you choose. This is Merica after all. land of opportunity. I will say I hate that you supported a company that directly ripped off Taran's design. Of coarse they can make them cheaper over there with the little kids in the sweat shop. How can any American company compete with that and their blatant love to steal a design and sell it at half price.

I'm glad they work for you and your happy with your purchase and no butt hurt from me just commenting on how china is attempting to ruin American companies.

GlocKnuckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2018
    Charleston
    I don't have an issue with you wanting to save money or what brand you choose. This is Merica after all. land of opportunity. I will say I hate that you supported a company that directly ripped off Taran's design. Of coarse they can make them cheaper over there with the little kids in the sweat shop. How can any American company compete with that and their blatant love to steal a design and sell it at half price.

I'm glad they work for you and your happy with your purchase and no butt hurt from me just commenting on how china is attempting to ruin American companies.

I'm with you on supporting American companies, but $40+ for a relatively simple hunk of milled aluminum & a spring? Profit margin has to be 80 to 90%.!
    They need some American competition to drive some competitive pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom