• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone using the Surefeed E2 magazines from Okay Indust. yet?

Surefeed-E2-SplashScreen.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Botach.....may or may not get your stuff you ordered

I have found that it is best to treat Botach just like that. I'm sure that their reputation dictates what is often the best price available, on top of free shipping.

Best practice with Botach is to order multiples of one specific item. The one, maybe two times I've had trouble with them over the past ten years, have been when I gave them a laundry list of stuff.

Botach is my go to place for magazines, always ordering enough to get to the best price break.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    These look very interesting. I prefer aluminum mags over poly like Pmags because they work flawlessly in every platform I have tried them in. Pmags are great but are tight to no-go in some guns.

Looks like the tweeks to the finish, followers and feed lips are worth it. Texture bumps are icing on the cake, or meh. If they are in the $10 or less range, I will definitly give them a try.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've have some gray Teflon coated E2's sitting on a shelf just waiting to get outside and get emptied out. Initial impressions were that the feed lips were definitely cut back more than I'd thought or expected. I can only assume this is to help accommodate 300 blackout. The magazines seemed to have a more definitive "rattle" to them inside from the spring than other aluminum mags. This rattle went away once the mags were loaded, so I don't think it matters. The blue follower seems weird to me, but engineers had a reason I'm sure. The texture and grip are what made me place the order. I like aluminum mags, but always thought they were a little slick or slippery in my hands. These new E2 mags don't bite into your hand like an M&P2.0, but it's also not like trying to grab a falling stick of butter with wet hands. I'm optimistic, but I haven't actually used one yet. I'll report back when I have something more to add.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I ran a half dozen the other weekend. They were boringly reliable like any other Okay mag or pmag. The grippy nubs were nice, but otherall it was just a big whooptie doo as it should have been.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The grippy nubs should do well for me as my hands are so soft.

I think if I had a real job, like mechanic, carpenter, etc. I might not feel them but I was doing emergency loads with dummy rounds last night, they feel "just right" for me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My hands are mostly on keyboards anymore, not like my old days. I agree that the grip and feel of these mags is pretty nice. I really like that there's something other than slick steel.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Mags did great. I only lost 1 today and I think I can save it for a training mag.

I pulled, I twisted, I used them as monopods, I conducted the very scientific 47 yard projectile motion test, inter alia. They run just fine.

Seams hold up great when loaded and having great pressure applied to them (Ok, it was me Cali kneeling on two loaded mags). Could not get them to choke.

The bumps felt great and could use them to index out of pouches after several times. Did not cut my veal-like hands.

Going to fill up a bin with them.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    This was how I ran my E2 mags. Simple and clean mags that have worked so far.
    mDOCMqh.jpg

Top Bottom