• ...and so much more!
  • Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    A quick look at the GripHook and ModWing.

I purchased these parts to modify a Phlster Skeleton holster. The holster originally came with a RCS soft loop strut. I was looking for an over hook option as well as adding a claw. I believe that both of these products are designed and manufactured by Henry Holsters here in Indiana. The GripHook is the most secure over hook that I have used. In fact, it is a struggle to remove it. The ModWing is a variation of the RCS claw. It comes with a short and a tall post. There is a standard version (shown) and a light bearing version for WML holsters.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    The GripHook and ModWing were designed here in Indiana, but are manufactured in CA, and owned by Index Fastener.

On your skeleton, you'll have better results (less potential side-to-side movement from the Griphook) if you reverse the hardware and put the screws through from the back, with the screw posts passing through the GripHook from the front.

Thanks for giving them a try!

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    The GripHook and ModWing were designed here in Indiana, but are manufactured in CA, and owned by Index Fastener.

On your skeleton, you'll have better results (less potential side-to-side movement from the Griphook) if you reverse the hardware and put the screws through from the back, with the screw posts passing through the GripHook from the front.

Thanks for giving them a try!

Thanks for the clarification and hardware suggestion. I reversed the hardware and it does feel more stable.

Is it necessary or do you suggest placing provided rubber washers between any layers of the "sandwich"?

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    Adding rubber spacers between the layers isn't necessary, but if you want to change the offset/spacing between the GripHook and the ModWing, a thin rubber spacer placed between them can work well.

Top Bottom