• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    What gizmo are you talking about? Most of those batteries are 4.7V when fully charged. The regular 123 batteries are 3.0V. It's up to the gizmo to be able to handle the current of the LiIon cells. There are a few 3.0 rechargable batteries and chargers, but not many, and they won't work with the common LiIon 4.7V cells.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    I use Eagletac 16340 batteries instead of 123 batteries. For several years (2) 16340 batteries have served me well while charged with an Intellicharger i4 to keep my EDC Sunwayman V10R powered.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I use Eagletac 16340 batteries instead of 123 batteries. For several years (2) 16340 batteries have served me well while charged with an Intellicharger i4 to keep my EDC Sunwayman V10R powered.

Those cells will work great in your light, your light was designed to use them and can handle the 4.7V they put out when fully charged. If the device isn't rated for that high a voltage it can burn out. It all depends on the device, not necessarily the battery.

2admnlover, these are probably as close as you're going to get. It's a different chemistry than the normal LiIon cells. Normal voltage is 3.2 and fresh off the charger they will be 3.6V. There are lots of bad reviews saying the cells don't hold a charge or are dead after only a few uses. I don't believe these batteries come with a protection circuit inside. Without that the device can suck the battery completely dead and that will damage it. Once that happens the battery can become dangerous to charge and can lead to explosions/fire and at the very least a cell that's dead. I believe that's what's happened with most of the bad reviews. Again, it depends on the device. Some devices have built in protection and will not over-discharge the cells, others don't.

https://www.amazon.com/Box-Charger-..._rd_wg=oSWRz&refRID=NVCAGG0X4B471V7BX3AP&th=1

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    What gizmo are you talking about? Most of those batteries are 4.7V when fully charged. The regular 123 batteries are 3.0V. It's up to the gizmo to be able to handle the current of the LiIon cells. There are a few 3.0 rechargable batteries and chargers, but not many, and they won't work with the common LiIon 4.7V cells.
    Just flashlights that use them .
    Rechargeables have to be better than buying them .

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I switched over to 18650 for my flashlights. Cheap work great and comes with a charger. L.A. Police Gear rocks!

Top Bottom