• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Looking for a tuckable holster for summer carry, I have Milt Sparks love it but it's not tuckable. They say they have clips that ride behind your belt so I am not sure how that would work. But any suggestions for a good holster would be appreciated, I would like leather and one that does not collapse. Alien gear offers an appendix carry but also says it can be worn anywhere iwb. But again I really don't know much about them.

Thanks

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Honestly just get the tuck-able clips from Milt Sparks they are like $14 or so, I personally have no need of a tuck-able holster but I know a couple guys who use the tuck-able clips with great success.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Honestly just get the tuck-able clips from Milt Sparks they are like $14 or so...

That's what I'd do.

Failing that, Comptac M-tac. It's the most comfortable IWB hybrid I've tried and allows for a proper grip from the draw. I did *not* like the Crossbreed. The Comptac is significantly better for not much more money. The two layers of leather make it more comfortable and the shape of the sweat shield is superior.

High Noon sells some as well, but the ones that you can reholster one handed are a bit on the bulky side. Durable, but bulky. Pricey, too.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I have one of the full size Alien Gear holsters, only use it when I have to have a tuck-able holster for my 1911. IMO Alien Gear holsters are better for polymer guns (glocks, M&Ps, etc) than a 1911 since it won't form to a 1911 (thumb safety etc) like leather will. The way the soft backing is designed makes getting a full grip on the gun when holstered not as easy either. I keep it around for when I have to have my shirt tucked it, but I really don't hardly ever use it. Hasn't been worth it for me to try others just because of how little I actually use it.

Top Bottom