• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    While reading another thread, some old fart brought up a 4 "D" cell Maglite. That reminded me that at one time I owned a 6 "D" cell Maglite. The batteries had leaked and ruined it. Then I bought a 4 "D" cell lite and forgot I had it. I just dug it out. (No batteries in it.)

So my question. Are the LED upgrades worth it? I see them on Amazon for anywhere from $9 to $25. Some say only about 60 lumen. Other claim 350. So any of you have any experience with the conversations on these?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No. Move on.

you can get better bang for the buck buying a new LED.

I upgraded my 3C model and it’s weak. Batteries last forever but it’s not very bright. It’s a good emergency flashlight now for when the lights go out. But I would t want to use it to investigate bumps in the night outdoors.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have one that has a decent l.e.d. driver in it. I'm not sure of the actual lumens but my single RCR123 RR0 Jetbeam outperforms it. I did buy the adapters for the C size to envelope the 123A's for max voltage / amp hours for my revamped Maglite. I think I have more invested in the original Maglite, driver, C4 LED, adapters, rechargeable batts and shipping then buying the Jetbeam.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just put 4 new batteries in it. Still works great. I'll find a place for it in my truck. My edc lights are still quite a bit brighter.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've got a 2010 maglite 3D with Cree XP-e 131 lumens LED. It has been beat to hell, been everywhere from fishing expeditions to my nightstand. Runs on cheap D batteries. Lights up a room. Mostly rides in the truck, but I'll always have it no matter the other lights I go through.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I converted one of my old ones and wasn't impressed ended up just buying a factory LED one. I carry the factory LED ones for duty and they do everything i want.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I found out that it fits perfect in the center counsel of my 03 Dodge Ram. Almost like it was made for it.

MKPevlw.jpg

Top Bottom