• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I found this fix and I thought I might share it with others who are having the same issue with cheaper holsters....just in case it could help others.

For now I am using 2 cheap Uncle Mike's double mag pouches on my shooting belt. Of course Uncle Mike's says "Fits belt loops up to 1 3/4"

What they really mean is the belt loop is for 1 3/4" belts and anything else is sloppy and will let the holster move around each time you insert or pull out a mag. So, yesterday I tried this fix and it worked GREAT!

This is what I used for each holster. 1 cheapo Bic ballpoint pen and 1 wire tie. Since my holster is black, I used a black opaque pen (that is what I could find) and a black wire tie so it's not so redneck looking.

I removed the guts of the pen so I just had the tube and I cut the tube just long enough to fit inside the belt loop. Then I wire tied the tube to the holster.

I am really pleased with the results. My holsters don't move around and are much more steady. And yet I can still move them or take them off the belt. Probably a 50 cent fix per holster and doesn't look too horrible either.

Here are some pics.....

FddFfPf.jpg

aAwyvn1.jpg

RISXEsC.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I found this fix and I thought I might share it with others who are having the same issue with cheaper holsters...

Thanks! It also works with 'not so cheap' systems as well.

I had the same problem with my G-Code RTI Belt Mount. Although it has velcro on the inside to grip velcro lined belts, it wasn't a snug enough fit to prevent movement.

I had intended to cut/mill a filler out of delrin but hadn't dealt with it yet. After seeing your post I tried carbon fiber arrow shaft and aluminum tent tubing which were too small but an aluminum "Slurpee" straw was a perfect fit.

I figure you saved me at least an hour of my time. :thumbsup:

SjSz8pj.jpg

vhhU4Pm.jpg

Top Bottom