• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Not really much to report yet because these just showed up today but man oh man, am I happy. I've been struggling with the decision to upgrade the quality of my binos and combine them with a rangefinder to reduce the amount of crap I haul around while hunting. I've come close numerous times to placing an order for a pair only to go back to researching and trying to determine their value (to me) and what I was willing to pay. These popped up at a great price a week ago and I decided it was time. I hadn't really considered anything at this price point before but when you toss in the atmospheric conditions measuring, angle compensation and built in ballistic app I decided the pros outweighed the cons. The glass ain't half bad either. :)

Now I have to decide on a harness before getting them out into the field, I can't wait!

W3rmuEyh.jpg

OyJ3MObh.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Nice.

I looked through a pair of Leica binos a few years ago and they were awesome. I believe they belonged to denny347 and I'm still not glad I looked through them as everything else just seems substandard in comparison now.

I like the idea of those and keep looking at the Vortex bino/ranger finder combo, but in my mind I keep comparing them to a TV/VCR combo of old where the television was the only part that worked after a year or so. Sometimes it's easier to have things separated so you can just replace one or the other.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nice.

I looked through a pair of Leica binos a few years ago and they were awesome. I believe they belonged to denny347 and I'm still not glad I looked through them as everything else just seems substandard in comparison now.

I like the idea of those and keep looking at the Vortex bino/ranger finder combo, but in my mind I keep comparing them to a TV/VCR combo of old where the television was the only part that worked after a year or so. Sometimes it's easier to have things separated so you can just replace one or the other.

No doubt that's a valid concern, I'm hoping these will prove as reliable as the Leica rangefinder I had when I needed one for the work I did. That thing was awesome and last many years.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll be interested in your field evaluation.

My neighborhood isn't near as dark as the woods but I got them out last night and was pretty blown away at what I could see compared to the naked eye and my older Leupold Tactical binos. I don't predict regret.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Those look nice (for that price they better be phenomenal). I have a 15 yo Bushnell 8x36 rangefinder that although it does the job to 1K yds, I wish it had more magnification. The glass is, well, Bushnell glass, so I can only imagine what those look like.

:yesway:

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    Look at the Alaskan bino bags https://www.blackovis.com/index.php...MI3cnv5YC72wIVlP5kCh2kLQz9EAQYASABEgIRYPD_BwE. I use one for hunting and it works well covered till you need it. The Clip in leashes provided and a coat of waterproofing does wonders for my sometimes snowy Colorado hunts. I hunt by horseback and they sit just right with the small water bladder sack as a counter weight. Works well with a backpack or alone with standard straps.

I use the same binoculars you have and love them. Factor wind and your golden. 602 yards last year at my 6x6 bull one shot and down. Get several cards and keep one for each guns data. I store them in a labeled ziplock bag.

Top Bottom