• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    You know, Nikon isn't alone in offering solid products at very competitive price points. But they might be the one manufacturer that is by far the most incompetent at marketing and selling their products.

The split between Monarch and ProStaff makes no sense. And within each line, the 3-5-7 also has no rhyme or reason-- they are sort of indicators of price and features, but sorely lacking. Is a ProStaff 5 higher end than a Monarch 3? COULD BE! Is Pro Staff a hunting line and Monarch a tactical line? COULD BE!

Nikon has proliferated so many scope models that make zero sense. How many optics companies look at a crossbow scope and say "that would make a great AR scope with yet another model name and a tweaked reticle."

Nikon is at risk of being yet another storied brand fading into irrelevance (i.e., Craftsman, Gibson Guitars, etc etc).

I'd love to be given the task of turning around Nikon's Sport Optics division, that would be a dream job. They surely can use some new management.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    You know, Nikon isn't alone in offering solid products at very competitive price points. But they might be the one manufacturer that is by far the most incompetent at marketing and selling their products.

The split between Monarch and ProStaff makes no sense. And within each line, the 3-5-7 also has no rhyme or reason-- they are sort of indicators of price and features, but sorely lacking. Is a ProStaff 5 higher end than a Monarch 3? COULD BE! Is Pro Staff a hunting line and Monarch a tactical line? COULD BE!

Nikon has proliferated so many scope models that make zero sense. How many optics companies look at a crossbow scope and say "that would make a great AR scope with yet another model name and a tweaked reticle."

Nikon is at risk of being yet another storied brand fading into irrelevance (i.e., Craftsman, Gibson Guitars, etc etc).

I'd love to be given the task of turning around Nikon's Sport Optics division, that would be a dream job. They surely can use some new management.

Ditto here. Add to that the X1000 Black line. Sure we have a Prostaff 3-9x50 on a 450BM that takes a lickin and keeps on ticking every year. But the Nikon naysayers say their junk. Then add a dash of P223, M223. Or my Sons 4-12x40 that he has doped in on his Savage 22 bolt. :dunno:

I'm sure someone will be along to say we are wasting our $. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom