• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When I bought a bunch of clips, I bought several variants, including the SLED clip. It is supposed to allow you to load one round at a time.

Everything I have seen indicates that it should not eject until you push the button on the side of the rifle to remove the device manually. However mine ejects every time I pull the bolt back all the way.

Suggestions? Do I need to grab the pliers and adjust the tension on the SLED somewhere? Thats what Im thinking because it doesnt positively lock into the magazine; I have to move it around to get it to stick as it wants to eject by default.

(I have only played with it on the bench, and havent tried it actually firing a round. But I assume it will eject after a round is fired too.)

Single Loading Enhancement Device

Last edited:

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I made one like this:

M1 Garand SLED

The short leg should catch the receiver to hold the clip in. You may need to adjust the the clip so it locks in. This type of SLED is released by moving the short leg away from the receiver. It will stay in place until it is released.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I made one like this:

M1 Garand SLED

The short leg should catch the receiver to hold the clip in. You may need to adjust the the clip so it locks in. This type of SLED is released by moving the short leg away from the receiver. It will stay in place until it is released.

I bet that's it. I'll give it a bend and try again. That thing is sprung pretty tight and the whole thing probably needs spread a bit. Its sides are angled in just like an empty clip. I bet if I pry it apart and get the sides more or less parallel it will stay in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. The locking tab wasnt bent out enough. A quick tweak and now it engages the rifle in the right spot. I have to remove it with a flat blade screwdriver.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    If you aren’t shooting in competitions, have you ever considered a Holbrook Device? m1thumbsaver.com Don’t let the thumbsaver mislead you, this replaces the op rod catch and you may load a regular GI enbloc with less than the normal number of rounds, without using a SLED. I bought mine to eliminate the clip being ejected at the last shot onto concrete which bends them. Follow the above link, it may or may not be a solution for you.

Top Bottom