• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I feel the same way. Looking for new sights and were looking at Ameriglo Tru Dots. They work just as well for a fraction. Though I did notice last night that the price difference isnt as drastic as it used to be.

I expect higher prices.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For some reason I had thought Ameriglo used Trijicon vials, but I don't seem to see any reference in their catalog or website to that. If they don't currently, and if they don't manufacture vials themselves, I'm assuming they will be using them soon. Kind of makes for a nice expansion in the market for Trijicon.

I'd expect higher prices as well, and I don't really buy the whole, we'll leave them alone to operate as they always have. It doesn't work like that for very long.

I've got mostly Trijicon HD's but largely because I had not been able to get the Ameriglo Spartan Operators when I was looking locally for sights along with install the last few times.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Trijicon supplies the lamps for many of the OEM and aftermarket world. It was a matter of time before they started absorbing the competition.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I think it stinks. Buy up the competition and raise the prices. Only one that wins is Trijicon

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Those damned capitalists, always trying to make money.

Nothing wrong with Capitalism. Just sayin as a consumer it sucks. Prices will go up. Hopefully it will get other companies to jump in the market and counteract that aspect. Only time will tell.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nothing wrong with Capitalism. Just sayin as a consumer it sucks. Prices will go up. Hopefully it will get other companies to jump in the market and counteract that aspect. Only time will tell.
    Seeing as Trijicon supplies the tritium vials to most of the sight manufacturers out there, what is really going to change?

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    The article did say that operations will remain the same for now. Same employees, same plant. Have to wait and see. I figure prices will go up a little.

Pretty sure I remember seeing that Ameriglo used trijicon vials, so maybe nothing will change.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The article did say that operations will remain the same for now. Same employees, same plant. Have to wait and see. I figure prices will go up a little.

Pretty sure I remember seeing that Ameriglo used trijicon vials, so maybe nothing will change.

Everyone says that when they buy a competitor/supplier, etc. Then they start to change things and weed out redundancy. It's just how it goes. I believe it is to keep employees, etc from jumping ship.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Did not know this. Hopefully things at Ameriglo don't change too much! I have been buying them over Trijicon a lot lately.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not good news in my opinion. Competition is good for the consumer. Eliminating competition whether by killing them or buying them rarely works in our favor.

I’ve been putting the Ameriglo Spartan Operators on all new Glock’s lately because I cannot afford HDs on all of them. Spartan Operators might just be some of the redundancy that they reduce.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Buy up the competition and raise the prices. Only one that wins is Trijicon

I'm pretty sure Ameriglo won, too, once Trijicon's truck full of money backed up to their shop. :)

It's easier for a big dog like Trijicon to cut a check and acquire Ameriglo, rather than work to regain lost marketshare. Ameriglo is a relatively small manufacturer that only makes one type of product; they were ripe for the picking. And since Ameriglo uses Trijicon vials (both my sets of Ameriglo GL-741s purchased within the past 3 years are so marked), the inroads were already in place.

Once Ameriglo has been absorbed into the Trijicon catalog (which I am sure will happen eventually), or if AG's prices go up dramatically in the near term, it will leave a vacuum in the market to be filled by another up-and-comer. Night Fision is a brand that's showing promise.

Top Bottom