• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsalazar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    NWI
    I've been looking for a nice edc belt. I'm not a fan of traditional buckles, as you can only tighten it at half inch intervals. My spending limit is around 100 bucks. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    Please and thanks in advance!

****Update*****

I picked a KORE Essentials belt for about 60 bucks. I was very close to getting a super bio, but
    I wanted to try something without traditional buckle. I'll try and review it after ive used it for awhile. Thank you all for the recommendations!

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Biobelt 100%. I’ve had mine for about 3 years and it looks like it just came out of the the factory packaging. I could convince you it had.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Dayum. I'm not giving anybody $90 for two 1 1/2 wide shaved pieces of leather, glued and stitched together and a surplus army belt buckle. Wow!.

Did your parents teach you to be rude or does it just come naturally? What is your alternative to the OP's question? Seriously. Add something to the conversation....

FWIW, I have been buying 90 dollar gunbelts for over 40 years. Gun belts. This Ruger one is the best because it does not have holes. No matter your opinion, its pretty darn good. But that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Thanks cat. I've def been looking at that brand, they look very durable.

Mines insanely durable. I’ve found kids with it wrapped out pedal cars, dragging them through the yard from the biobelt, everything and almost 1,000 days of use, and not a mark on it. Best carry belt I’ve owned and not expensive. Beats the crap out of my bullhide belts.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Currently using a SOE belt. I've been eying the galco gun belt even though there is nothing wrong with my current belt.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dayum. I'm not giving anybody $90 for two 1 1/2 wide shaved pieces of leather, glued and stitched together and a surplus army belt buckle. Wow!.
    You probably balk at the prices of quality holsters as well, huh? QUALITY actually costs money, but I guess I’m in the minority here on INGO, as it seems the race to zero is still in the last leg.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. Interesting thread; I need one.
    2. I was simply going to go over to Jenkins on E 21st St. near Shadeland Ave. and get what the LEOs are buying, which I'm sure are not $100 belts lasting a lifetime but one for accepted daily use by professionals.
    3. Since I don't know what to order I thought that would be my best option.
    4. I have gotten pocket holsters (DeSanti SuperFly) and ankle holsters (Mikes: worn daily if not going to school) there that are right for me, and assumed a belt there would be a good utility choice.
    5. I have ordered/bought and have through trades/buying guns a multitude of holsters, but I use only the 2 mentioned currently, but I just got a new one for inside the waistband that is "hidden" that has shown me I need a better belt: came under criticism, but is very functional/works for me, so I took a chance on it ($70).

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    You probably balk at the prices of quality holsters as well, huh? QUALITY actually costs money, but I guess I’m in the minority here on INGO, as it seems the race to zero is still in the last leg.

$90 for a good gun belt? I'd say thats money well spent. A good belt and holster can be a yuge difference on carrying a gun. I typically spend around $70 per holster + shippong.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My Red Nichols double curved belt is still the best gun belt I've tried, but I don't know that he still makes them and they were about $125 when he did. My Daltech belt is ok, but doesn't hold a heavy gun up as well and hasn't been quite as durable.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My Red Nichols double curved belt is still the best gun belt I've tried, but I don't know that he still makes them and they were about $125 when he did. My Daltech belt is ok, but doesn't hold a heavy gun up as well and hasn't been quite as durable.

And you need a heavy gun for the maximum 'stopping power' ! ;)

My Daltech bullbelt is still my go-to, but yeah, it's not as stiff as when new. Next time, I'll try the biobelt.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    1. Interesting thread; I need one.
    2. and get what the LEOs are buying, which I'm sure are not $100 belts lasting a lifetime but one for accepted daily use by professionals.
    3. Since I don't know what to order I thought that would be my best option.
    That’s not always your best course of action, as a whole, most cops aren’t “gun guys”, and the gun is just like another implement of their job, just like a smart screen is to a teacher. A lot of cops buy whatever is cheapest (hence why Jenkins carries Uncle Mikes), if you MUST have a “professional” opinion from a cop, ask the ones here. Just don’t expect the answer to be the cheapest.

Top Bottom