• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I purchased XS Big Dot sights for my PCR, also as a gift to my cruddy old man eyes. Not being very handy and wanting not to screw it up, I went to the 3 local Fort Wayne gun shops I could think of: Freedom, ZX and Wrigleys. I got the same type of response from all 3 when I asked if I could get sights installed. "Sure, no problem. What kind of gun? " I produced my CZ 75 PCR, and got words to the effect, "Not that gun".

Are CZ sights especially difficult to install? I know and adhere to the saying, "No job is too difficult for the guy who doesn't have to do it", but I thought that a sight installation would be a piece of cake for a professional. Each place gave me names and numbers of people they thought could do it, and I guess I might have to drive to Decatur or Butler.

Rant mode off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The rear sight is just like any other rear dovetailed sight. The front has a dovetail that is cut front to back, instead of side to side like the rear. The front sight is also held in by a roll pin that also holds the barrel bushing in place too. If your replacement front sight does not have that notch already cut into it, you (or a gunsmith) will have to carefully cut that notch.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I put night sights on my PCR (don't remember the brand, but I ordered them from CGW). It took all of about 15 minutes to do and I was being very careful. Not a problem for any real
    gunsmith to do.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Go to a real gunsmith. They're pretty dang simple. I do mine all the time with nothing more than a brass punch, roll pin punch, and sight drift tool. Easy peasy.

If a "gunsmith" can't change CZ sights, they're worthless.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Go to a real gunsmith. They're pretty dang simple. I do mine all the time with nothing more than a brass punch, roll pin punch, and sight drift tool. Easy peasy.

Want to make a few bucks?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I would agree with this. They really aren't that hard to do.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nope. Don’t want to risk scratching something of yours, busting a tritium vial, etc... If I **** up my own stuff, it’s on me.

Losey has installed lots of CZ sights for people in Lafayette though.

Want to make a few bucks?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Not hard at all with the right tools. I did mine. I did have to buy a sight master sight pusher tool. I already had everything else. I don’t believe in paying to have things done for me. I’d rather buy the right tools and have them if ever needed again. Needless to say I have a **** load of tools for all kinds of things. It must be the hoarder in me. Thank god for pole barns.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I called around, and smiths quoted from $50 to $75 for the install, with turnaround times from 3 days to 2 weeks. I came across Ranger Supply, a place I had not heard of, even though they are 10 minutes away from me.

Short version: no problem, $35 (and no annoying 3% credit card upcharge that other shops charge). After chatting with the very friendly staff, I headed off to the gym and then to the grocery store. As I was leaving Kroger, I noticed that I had a voice mail; my gun was done! Workmanship looks great, and I am thrilled to be able to see my front sight!

I guess my mileage did vary in this case, and I'll be back.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Nope. Don’t want to risk scratching something of yours, busting a tritium vial, etc... If I **** up my own stuff, it’s on me.

Losey has installed lots of CZ sights for people in Lafayette though.

THIS^^^

Losey (*the Wizard*) is thee man to get you up and going.

Knowing that you are a little distance away he might be able to do your mod same day.

Contact him via the CZickness thread on the Handgun forum.

Top Bottom