IMG_20180627_172036189.jpg

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/08/02/tfb-review-boyds-gun-stock/

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is the purpose of the adjustments? Is it for competition?

Not everyone has the same head.

With my Charlie Brown head, anything fits me. I don't need a higher comb as Nature provided me one.

Some guys have box heads (instead of round) so if your face is narrower than mine, you will need to adjust up.

LOP is not an issue (perhaps overhyped is the better word). Smaller stocks are better, especially with manual drive like an 870.

At gun shows or gun shoppes you will hear "I'm a big man", no, they are simply fat, not big. Your forearms are not 15" long, you do not need a longer stock but some guys like having the ability to adjust based on clothing or the like.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Okay....I get it, it looks cool and "may" help if you are using it like the reviewer did to help increase the accuracy of a slug gun because a 12 gauge 3" slug can do some movement in te shooters arms during discharge.

With that being said I am not sure the cost v/s reward is there? The stock is $175.00 then you throw the cost of the 870 into the mix and you are in the $450.00 range assuming you got the 870 used.

I would think with the market the way it is you could get a used Savage 212 with the Accu-Trigger for close to the same price point and have a more accurate slug gun than the 870.

Just my $.02....I am sure they will sell because someone will think they are cool or make them a better shot but I see no practical field use.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I would think with the market the way it is you could get a used Savage 212 with the Accu-Trigger for close to the same price point and have a more accurate slug gun than the 870.

Boyd's doesn't make the At-One for the Savage, so you'd have to get a Pro-varmint with an adjustable cheek riser instead for $238.45. You didn't take that into account.

Top Bottom