• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I have been looking for a Battle Belt along with a Plate Carrier chest rig. What are my best options for lightweight quality rigs that won’t break the bank?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I do not have a plate, but I was just my favorite chest rig for a few hours today, M4 from Eagle Industries.

3 AR mags. I put my first aid pack on the right side and a pouch for my pistol mags on the left.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Define break the bank???

since I started attending shoothouse classes, a plate carrier is required most of the time, so I have a crye jpc.

if I wasn’t at a course that required plates, I would just use my belt. Ronin tatics senshi

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I moved all of my gear off of my First Spear PC and onto my HSGI battle belt. I use G-Code scorpion mag pouches. I love the battle belt setup.

The PC is a bit heavy because of the underlying 360* pistol rated wrap. Weighs in @ 21.5 lbs with front & rear UHMWPE plates.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Also depends on what level of protection you are looking for. If you want rifle rated plates you either have to spend the money or accept some weight.

if you are not wanting armor a chest rig would probably serve better than a plate carrier.

AR500 has some good quality nylon for affordable prices. I’ve heard horror stories about wait times, but the one time I ordered from them my item was delivered promptly.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Thanks for your input everyone! I am thinking $$ amount of $250-300 for chest rig and $200 for battle belt. Plate carrier chest rigs are expensiiive!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i have a haley strategic chest rig that is my active shooter rig its by my side whenever on duty. its not user configurable but it does what i need and nothing more and that what i want.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    i have a haley strategic chest rig that is my active shooter rig its by my side whenever on duty. its not user configurable but it does what i need and nothing more and that what i want.

This is what I have also. It isn't user configurable, but it's pretty much how I would set it up anyway... plus when you aren't strapping gear onto a blank MOLLE panel (and stacking magazine holders in front of one another), there's less bulk. I like it a lot. It's usually mounted to my Velocity Systems plate carrier, but right now it's in the passenger seat of my work vehicle with the chest rig straps on it.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I don't have plates in my carrier, I bought it strictly as a load bearing carrier with the ability to expand into platea and the ability to change my layout.

I have an ATS Aegis V2. Got mine from Nelson Uniform and I keep going back to him. He is a site sponsor, does an INGO discount, and if he doesn't have it, he will do his damnedest to get it for you. I recommended carrying some EMS gear and he now carries it. Good guy. Great service.

https://nelsonuniform.com/products/aegis-plate-carrier-version-2?variant=13018923271

Slovpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Plate Carrier: My go to is the Crye JPC. They are $210 dollars now and includes a built in 3 mag shingle/ mini admin pouch. You really dont need anything else besides that if you want a plate carrier.

Chest Rig: Haley Micro D3 Chest Rig or the Spiritus systems rig is the way to go

Belt: I've found the Ronin and Crye MRB belts to be the most popular when my buddies and I were in the sandbox.

Keep in mind, you pay for what you get. Buy once, cry once. KISS. Dont buy what you dont need.

You need a kit to plug holes, stop holes, and make holes. Everything else is secondary. For me, a JPC with a IFAK on the belt or a dangler pouch on the JPC does just that.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    As far as plates go, I have RMA plates that were $199 for the pair. Level IV protection. I also run a crye precision modular belt. It has hook and loop to keep it in place. I like my ares gear duty belt better. It looks like a normal patrol belt but is really stiff. It also secures by hook and loop.

Top Bottom